Once again I find myself at a different Internet Café. The one that was working well for these last couple weeks wasn’t working at all today. But this one is doing pretty well.
Well, this week was good. Saturday we had a very nice baptism. I believe I told you a while ago about a little boy that we had met with some of his family. When we went back to try to teach the family again the little boy of 7 years remembered everything that we had said and could basically quote the first vision. From there we could see that the family didn’t seem too interested but we knew we had to do something because this little boy knew he needed to be in this gospel.
Well, after some time and plenty of visits the mother and other son found the truth for themselves. They were baptized this past weekend. After there confirmation all day I couldn’t help but have a smile because I knew that this young boy now had a good support system for him to continue into the gospel and to be baptized when he is 8. We also had one young woman baptize. She is so full of the spirit and truly converted. She has the biggest desire to go and serve a mission. I’m very excited for her. She still has 2 years before she can go but she is already starting her service with her family and those around her. Her name is Magdalene Caulkool. The mother and son that baptized were Hawa Momoh and Augustine Yankuba. They are great and I’m excited for them.
We had a wonderful zone conference. I love hearing from President Roggia. He is such a wonderful man and so powerful as well. I learn so many new things even though we just go over things that we already knew. It is amazing how many things we can learn from the scriptures even when we read them more than once. Well, my time is running low and so I’ll wrap it up here. It looks like our rainy season is coming to an end. I can feel the heat and sun today but who knows, the weather can be pretty crazy and switch in just an instant.
Well, I love you all, keep me posted. Tell everybody hello for me.
Love you
Love Elder Jones
No comments:
Post a Comment