Well, first off. I received a package today. It was the one that says dried foods, pudding, and sun flower seeds. Thank you so much! I'll keep you posted when the others come. I can't wait till Christmas to open them. :) I also got some letters from you and one from pappa Mathias. To answer your questions. For the water situation, we have much more water at this apartment. As for the cleanliness.. This is Africa. Question answered. :) yes, Bo is much more developed than Grafton. But also Freetown West is very developed. Bo and Freetown west are the most developed. for the area's we are in, we are in Freetown West, East, Bo, and Kenema. But hopefully soon with all of the growth we will be able to open up some of these other areas. That would be sweet.
Thanks for the update for the Christmas call. I'll let you know more details on the time when i find out and i'll call then have you call back. Can't Wait!
So, Sierra Leone received it's first Stake yesterday!! We now have wards and patriarchs and all!! But it is only in Freetown west.. and yet again, I missed out on Elder Holland.:( hopefully i'll get to see him and he'll come back before the end of my mission. hopefully.
On saturday we had a nice baptism for Seven People. :) I was so excited. i haven't had more than three people at one time. it was sweet to have seven. They were mostly all from one family. it was good. I look forward to the next baptism scheduled for the 15th. I'll keep you posted.
Well, This is all I have time to write. The power keeps going out and it is kinda rough. So, Thanks for the Letters and packages. I'll let you know when the others come.
I love you so much.
Love your son,
Elder Jones
Email To Dad:
Hey Dad,
Well, I’m trying this for the fourth time... The power keeps going out... So here it goes again.
How are you doing? I hope you had a good week. Yes, Elder Holland was here yesterday to make the first stake and wards in Sierra Leone!! It was funny, I was writing in my journal yesterday morning and it was about the same time of the conference. I threw my head up and said ‘’Holy Cow! Elder Holland is in my country! Annnnd.... I don’t get to see him..‘’ Ha ha. Well, i’ll just have to keep praying that he can come back some time and i’ll actually get to see him before the end of my mission.
That is super exciting to hear about DJ and Katie. I hope all goes well for them. That would be very exciting and i’m sure very good for the both of them, especially DJ. Haha J That is fun to hear about the Christmas tree. I’m sure mom will have it decorated in no time. I truly wish that I could have a Christmas tree here. Even if it was only a Charlie Brown tree with a few lights on it, that would be sweet. But o well, i’ll survive.
I’m glad to hear that Skyler did well with his dance and that he is excited for basketball. Lets hope that dancing helped improve his coordination skills for basketball too. Haha Well, this week was pretty slow... But i’m looking forward to this new week hoping that all goes well and we have a bit more success. I know that the Lord will provide for us as long as i am faithful and diligent. Nothing else happend this week other than our baptism, we had seven people baptise this week. It was sweet. I’ve never had more than three at a time. It was supposed to be eight but due to the lack of education and ability to keep records we weren’t for sure if the one boy was actually eight years yet. We decided to wait small just to find out more. He will baptise next Saturday with a few others so he isn’t by himself. Hopefully more happens next week.
I Love you tons!
Love your son,
Elder Jones
p.s i got the song. Thank you. I love that song! And i got a package from
mom, i'll let you know when i receive the others.
No comments:
Post a Comment