Well first off. Nobody told me that Chelsey had a baby… But that is great. I am happy for her. Dad mentioned that Grandpa had done a very big puzzle, the size of his kitchen table. Wow! That is big. I wonder if we could do that in a week like we have done our other puzzles out here. .
This week was good. OOOO… So, Elder Paul Wuthrich is on his way home. He got a hernia and has to go home for surgery and won’t be coming back since he has just a few months left. I talked with him today and said that you guys would go to his homecoming talk and that sometime you would invite him over for dinner and he could tell stories and you can ask questions. He said that sounded great as long as it wasn’t rice! Ha-Ha. I’m not for sure when his homecoming will be but I’m sure you can find out. I got his address because I want you to do me a favor. Go and buy a BIG bag of popcorn kernels or a couple boxes of popcorn and attach a note that says “Elder Wuthrich… Do you have. . . Time?” He and I had a lot of fun when we were together making popcorn and I figure with his surgery he will have plenty of lying around time so he can have something to snack on other than rice. He was a very good Elder and a wonderful example to me. My companion, Elder McDonald, and I couldn’t believe the news when they told us he was going. He helped the both of us find our feet and help us know where we wanted to go and be in the end. So that way you can find out hen his homecoming is and take the popcorn. Thank you so so much.
Back to the area. We had an interesting experience on Saturday evening, my companion and I had come in a little early for the day because my stomach was acting up and being a little… well… Very runny. We didn't think anything too much of it as I still felt fine. Late that evening my body temperature rose, massive headache and whatnot, I really didn't feel good. My companion and some of the other Elders gave me a blessing, they all said that they were starting to sweat because of how hot I was and them just standing next to me. After they gave me the blessing I could tell just a few min after the blessing the fever broke and my body cooled down enough for me to sleep most of the night and wake up with enough strength to go out without problem. It is always a great feeling of comfort and peace knowing what we have been blessed with and what we are able to do with the power of the priesthood. But as for now, I am doing very well there are no feelings of sickness in my body anymore.
We had a very nice baptism for three young men. Right now we are teaching a lot of young men but that is just because when the area split those that we already had to work with were young men and they gave us friends. It has been pretty sweet and the young mens in the branch is really getting built up. These three, Abdul, Junisa, and Mohamed are sweet guys. Abdul is SO focused. During the baptism it was the concluding speaker which was the second counselor in the district. I’m not going to lie, he gave a very powerful talk. Probably the most powerful I’ve heard for a concluding talk at any baptism here. As he spoke, Abdul was just soaking in every word he said and anytime he was talking about something he remembered from the teaching (enduring to the end) Abdul would say it with him and shake his head in agreement. It was awesome. I can tell that he and his friends will be awesome as they prepare for their own missions in a few years once they finish school.
Yesterday the whole branch was invited to a small celebration for one of the members who had just graduated with his bachelors. So, we went to go give small support. Boy o boy. I know I’ll never see a celebration like that back home for an LDS event with the branch president as the chairman. Loud worldly music with some awkward and not very appropriate dancing all on the Sabbath. But it was still pretty good. As they went to give out the food they had us Elders go into the house to eat our own so we weren’t in the chaos and what not. We sat down and they brought forth a MASSIVE plate. It was about the size of that pizza pan that we have at home. But this plate was deeper. Yes, that took both my companion and I a while to find something that could give a good visual of the size of this plate. It was packed high with fried rice and lots of fried chicken. It was soo good and I was sooo hungry because I hadn’t eaten since Saturday at lunch and everything had just come right out and now it was about 8 in the evening. It took the four of us to finish it, but we did it and I ate a ton but it is okay. It was cool to go and see just a small celebration of things here in Sierra Leone.
Well, I think that is about it for the week. At the end of this week we’ll receive our transfer news. Hopefully nothing moves in our companionship and we can continue where we are.
Until next week, I love you tons!
Love Elder Jones
o, ps. If there is a way that you guys could possibly record ElderWuthrich's talk, that would be amazing. love you
E-mail To Dad:
hey dad,
Sorry, the line is slow today. couldn't get much in. But yes, that picture is us showing them an apartment. We are always looking for new places because of the amounts of missionaries coming. But president doesn't like 8 man districts too well he likes four to six. So he wants to put the four of us in Njaie town in our actual area.
That is one big puzzle! I'm glad to hear grandpa is doing well. Give him my love. I'm glad to hear all is well and I'm glad sky went to the temple for baptisms. that is soo sweet. I'm Jealous!
Well, got to go. Love you.
Elder Jones
Photo's posted on Mission Blog April 11, 2013
| showing pictures of a potential Missionary Apartment |
No comments:
Post a Comment