How is everything? How is the Christmas season coming? You guys getting lots of snow still or has it died down some. I hope you are getting snow for the water sake to make sure there aren’t as many forest fires next summer.
Well, No other packages or letters yet for Christmas. But, this week we will be having a conference and I know they’ll bring all the other packages and letters that have arrived so far. Thanks again for all of your wonderful letters and love. I look forward to them so much.
This week, not much happened. It was a little more successful than last week which was good. Hopefully this week we can have a little more success as this Christmas starts to roll around. I’m still not for sure what really happens at Christmas this year. I was very privileged to see one Christmas tree the other day. We were at one of our investigators house and they were bringing out a bunch of Christmas decorations. This is the only house i’ve seen with any decorations. They had a Christmas tree. It wasn’t much compared to the trees back home. Even the fake ones, as was this. But hey, it was still a Christmas tree. But they didn’t have all the lights to land a plane so... haha. Maybe I’ll have to get a few little Christmas decorations for my room and apartment.. we’ll see.
This morning I was reading in Jesus The Christ and it was giving the parable of the prodigal son and I thought of Keigunn. As the prodigal son, taking his things and leaving. And then using it all and having nothing but being in the slumps. As the prodigal son then realized how well he had it back home, I thought of Keigunn and was hoping the same thing would happen and that afar of his father would see him and run to him and embrace him and put on the best robe and a ring on his finger. I hope and pray for this or even something like this to happen to him. How are things going with him? What is the latest news on his whereabouts?
Transfer News came a week early this time. I’m still in the area of Messima which is what I expected. As well as my companion Elder Opuene, we are still here together. Hopefully we can make to most of this season and time remaining together. Hopefully we can start off the new year with a ‘’bang’’ of success instead of fireworks. Even though I know it might be a rough seven weeks. My motto is, ‘’ You make the Situation. The Situation doesn’t make you.’’
Well, That is basically all. I hope all is going well. I’m glad that you guys had a good Ward Christmas party. O ya. Dad said in his email for me to ask you to let him grow out his beard. He thought that maybe if the son on mission asked that even if you got mad you couldn’t give me a titty-twister. Ha ha And if you say no to the beard he was at least hoping for a moustache. Just putting that out there. ;)
I love you tons. Thank you again for all that you do. I appreciate it all so very much.
Love you. Pass on my Love to all the family.
Love, your son.
Elder Jones
E-mail To Dad:
Hey Dad,
First off, No I haven’t received any new packages yet. But hopefully this week they will come. We are having a conference this week and so i’m assuming that they will bring all packages and letters that have arrived so far. So by next Monday i’ll let you know. And I sent a Christmas letter to Bro. Caldwell as well. It will be in the batch that is coming to the house since I didn’t have his address. Have those letters arrived yet? The ones that had the picture, I sent a bunch of them home. Let me know. Thanks
Ya, so far, it doesn’t feel like Christmas at all... I’m not sure how the people here celebrate Christmas. I’ve only heard a few people actually mention anything about it so far. So... We’ll see. I’m trying to still have the Christmas spirit. I was actually singing our carolling song the other day. it was fun to sing.
Ha ha. Dad, I know who the people in the ward are, especially our neighbors, other than those who have just moved in. I know Kerry Robinson. :) That sounds like the Ward Christmas party went well. I’m glad. You’ll have to tell Brother Castillo to continue to grow out the beard for me since I can’t while I’m here. And you’ll have to tell Sister Castillo that she is a little behind on the names of the months for not shaving. I think in high school we pretty much had one for each month. Haha. Maybe we shouldn’t tell her as to not pop her bubble of excitement. :) It looks like you’ll just have to get one of those fake Santa Beards or just use a lot of Shaving Cream... Make sure nobody touches that one.
To find and teach a family for this Christmas season is the goal for our zone. Find a Family and give them the best gift ever. The gift of the gospel. I’m still looking for a family to teach. It is kinda hard to get everybody together at one house or even have every member together and not in the village or at school or somewhere else... We are still trying though.
Come on dad... Mia maids... not laurels? They’ll still be too young when i get home. Haha just kidding. That sounds sweet. I look forward to those letters.
Well. As for me here, nothing much happened this week. It wasn’t as slow as last week. We didn’t get bounced as much. But it was still... a little rough. We also just got transfer news... I’m still in the area which is what i expected. But as well, my companion is staying. I guess the Lord is just really testing me to see how much patience I have. I don’t know how long i’ll make it. I just don’t feel like things are really getting done like they should be no matter how hard i try. But as it is said, ‘’ You make the Situation. The Situation doesn’t make you.’’ That will be my motto for the next seven weeks. Hopefully I can make something of it.
Well, I love you dad. I hope you have a wonderful week. Thanks for all thewords of encouragement and love. Greet all for me.
Love you
Love Elder Jones
No comments:
Post a Comment