Hello Family,
Well, This last week kind of dragged on but that is okay. We are onto a new week and a new day. Last week we received our transfer news. I will be receiving Elder Sumrak. I am super excited. I’ve met the guy once but I know that he is a super hard worker and that we are going to get a long just great. I think they said that he is supposed to arrive on Thursday. My current companion will be leaving to his new area for his last four weeks tomorrow morning at 3 am. I’m very excited. I think that the area is really going to progress. These last three days or so have been rough. Once my companion received the news from that point he wouldn’t do anything and so I was left to myself but still having to what felt like, drag, him around. These last few days I’ve seen how dry my area is right now but I know that the Lord will bless me and my new companion that as we work hard he will provided those who are ready to receive this gospel.
On Thursday we had our interviews with President Roggia. He asked me what I had planned for the area and new companion. I told him that I plan on really organizing everything. Area book, meetings with the branch leaders, and what not. As of these past few months we haven’t really done that. I’ve wanted to but It was kind of hard with one who didn’t really like to. Last Sunday, when we were on our way back into the apartment when we were supposed to get transfer news I just had my own personal conversation with our Heavenly Father and when we didn’t receive the news that night I just went into my room and started filling out records to start organizing. As I was doing so I just had a very strong spiritual feeling come over me and I knew that all things would be okay even if there was no change at the transfer. Now that there has been the transfer I know that I have to keep my part and do all these things so that the area can progress and we can have success trying to bring in fruit to the Lord of the vineyard.
Well, Pray for my health. We haven't had power for the last couple of days and we haven't had fuel for the generator and there is a fuel shortage so we haven't been able to get any. But no problem there... We have been drawing water from the well by hand and this morning we found a big dead lizard in the water. My mind immediately went back to the last lizard that was in our well and what it did to me. I have been mentioning that the water smelt funny these last couple of days but as of now, I think that I'll be okay and that I'm not going to get sick again. But man! those lizards are gross when we are pulling them out. haha
I enjoyed my birthday and still think it is very weird to say that I'm 20 years old. Just the other day somebody asked my age and I said 19 and then had to double take and say 20. Being out here I don't feel as if I'm aging. It is the magical time mystery of missionaries. time doesn't move for us but for the world it goes. For my birthday one set of Elders got me a small tub of ice cream. Just like the cake, we all just grabbed our spoons, put the container on the table and enjoyed! haha.
On Sunday at church I was super excited because these two investigators named Maxwell, and Matthew came to church. We've been trying to get them to come for a while. They are very accepting with the message it has just been getting them to put for their faith and come. So them coming was a big step. Hopefully they can keep that faith and continue to come and be baptized. We have been working with them to be baptized on the 16th of this month and hopefully two more the following week. So, I'll keep you updated with them.
Well, that is about it. Sorry the internet has been very stinky today so I'd better get this off before it stops working again.
I love you all. Thanks for everything.
Love Elder Jones
.
p.s. That is great that shiree is moving into my room. My only question is what about my dresser? is it still there or did it get moved? I know i shouldn't be thinking about worldly things but that one took a long time and lots of effort. So, that is my question. Love you. :)
E-mail To Dad:
Hey Dad,
That is so exciting to hear about Mckay. I knew that his time was coming up soon but I wasn't for sure exactly when. Tell him hello for me. Mckay always was a story teller growing up through scouts and what not so I'm sure you all really enjoyed. Even though I'm speaking ''English'' here I know that I will probably have some troubles speaking real English when i get home. But that is okay. Always growing up and dreaming about mission I had always wanted to come home having a hard time to speak my true language. I've seen that happen here and there for me which I am glad and helps me to know that I'm putting my heart into the work.
Man, Skyler and snow caves, just as you say, he will be a pro by the end of the winter. That is sweet. I miss those klondikes. They were always so much fun.
Wow, I can't believe Nate, Hayden, and Skyler, all deacons. :) I wrote Sky a letter and it is getting sent to Freetown tomorrow with those being transfered there. So, it won't have such a long wait time and hopefully will arrive pretty quick and make it for Skyler's birthday. There is also a letter to brother pew in the envelope but it is all address to skyler so he gets the mail. I put in some things about the sacrament and passing and also about the temple. In the letter I gave him
an assignment. so I'll make sure I follow up with him. You will just have to let me know when he gets it so I can follow up with him.
I love the Savior. I too just love even looking at his picture and being able to think about all of the wonderful things that he has done for me and all. i love being able to share that message with these people and helping them to apply the atonement in their lives. It is amazing and what a difference it makes and the changes that I can see in these people. I know that our Heavenly Father loves us to be able to send his Only Begotten to us as a sacrifice for our mistakes and sins. I am so grateful for that and he too has been such a burden lifter for me during these last few times and difficulties.
Thanks for the birthday wishes. Nothing much else has happened. I'm excited for the change and can't wait to really get the work moving along. Thank you for all of your support and words that you give every week that help to lift me up and keep me going through the difficulties. I love you tons and hope that you too have a good week.
Remember to look for the hand of the Lord everyday. As you do those burdens will also seemed to be lightened and lifted. I always think of what the Savior said to his disciples has he was telling them about the Comforter that would come. ''Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.'' John 14:27 Thanks again for everything dad. Love you tons. Till next week.
Love Elder Jones
Photo posted on Mission Blog Feb 4, 2013
No comments:
Post a Comment