| Photo's from the mission blog: Spencer stole some of dad's Tie's |
hahaha. Yes, I knew that she would be taking pictures so I wore that tie so that you wouldn't have to worry too much. I knew that you would have never noticed either of the ties because I had taken them so long ago. Wow, tomorrow is the 24th I’ll have to wear the American tie again. Sweet! Well I am sooo jealous that you are all going river rafting. Man that sounds like so much fun. You’ll get this after and so I hope you had fun.
This week was a little hard. I’ve been seeing my area kind of start to slow down and it has been really hard. Not only with investigators but with members as well. Nobody has been coming to church and it has been really rough. I was getting pretty down and stressed out because I was trying to figure out what I needed to do to change everything around. I felt like I had this big weight squeezing me and making it hard to breathe and think. I’m trying so hard and could feel that there was just something that is missing for this work to really explode for this area. I was having a hard time all week and Friday was just buckets and buckets of rain and basically no lessons. Saturday our baptismal candidate didn’t come because his father is Muslim and said that he couldn’t because this month is fast month. It was frustrating. Sunday I was preparing for another nobody at church day, but, I decided to fast for help on knowledge of what to do to help. We’ve been feeling that we need to get the members to feel more needed and coming to church and getting their trust and they would be able to help us out better. At church we had 90 people which was GREAT! It hasn’t been that full except for once since I’ve been here. The day just seemed to go well and at the end of the day I looked back and realized that the Lord had giving me my answer that it is through the members that this area will grow.
I feel like this week is going to be a little better than this last week and that with time it will really start to improve. I’m excited and feel much better.
Again, I’m jealous that you all get to go river rafting. O and Bishop Johnsons letter finally showed up. It was very nice.
Have fun, Love you.
Love Elder Jones
No comments:
Post a Comment