Thursday, July 11, 2013

November 19, 2012

Hello Mother and Family.

Happy Thanksgiving!! Make sure you all eat enough Turkey for me too. J I can’t believe that this week is Thanksgiving. I didn’t realize it until Saturday. Time is going quick. I am glad to hear that all is going well.

On Saturday we had to stay in for the elections in case anything crazy happened or any riots broke out. But, no worries, nothing happened. It was a peaceful day for us. We were just able to relax at the house and let our bodies gain back the strength they needed. 

Yesterday as we went out to see some of our investigators after church we went to a recent convert. He worked at one of the voting booths so he told us some of the things that really happened like.... While they were there, a man came up to him and a few others working there. He offered them nine-hundred thousand as a bribe to be able to do some stuff to the voting. Our recent convert said no, but two of the others that were there started freaking out at him telling him he was a fool for not taking it as they were. He watched them walk off so they could go work things out and then just a few min later he watch them walking back the other way in handcuffs. He was laughing so hard, even when he was telling it you could just see him remembering the looks on their faces knowing that they were idiots and just laughing.... Another young man tried to vote twice. The caught him and were accusing him and he was denying it. The police came over ready to beat him. They said if he confessed they’d let him go. He confessed and then they arrested him for trying to vote twice... Our RC said that there was two men who started to get into a physical fight but the police quickly came over and broke that up putting them into cuffs and taking them away. The police really cracked down hard this year which is good. Now we just have to wait for the results to come out... We will see what happens there.

As for the week, nothing else much happened. We now have a new investigator named Victor T. That I am very excited about; he is very interested and willing. We have had a very nice lesson with him but he had to go and work with the voting so he isn’t back yet. Once he gets back we will make sure we get right with him to keep him going. I’ll keep you posted on his progress.

Well, I hope you all have a very wonderful Thanksgiving full of fatness of delicious foods and laziness. I’ll manage with my bowl of rice and some sort of stew or sauce. Ha-ha. Yum.

Thank you all for everything. I love you so much!
Love
Elder Jones

E-mail to Dad:

Hey Dad,

How is your morning? I hope that as you are reading this you will have a great day at work.

As for that picture, I have been able to write a letter with the picture home to Grandma and Grandpa, Grandpa Jones, Mathias, Pew, Denney, Womacks, and will be McClouds.  But I realized that those won’t get home for a while. So.. You can let mom have it and if she wants to put it in with a Christmas letter or whatever to people she can. But she won’t need to give one to those people. Theirs are on the way. Thank you.

As for the week, nothing much happened. It was up and down. Still trying to be patient with the companion ship and do what I can to become better from it. Just trying to let things pass by. I know the Lord has put me here at this time with this area and this companion for a reason. I just have to figure out why and what I can do with it and take from it. It is a work in progress... I think.

Well, I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and that all goes well.

Greet the bishopric for me.

Dad, I love you, Thanks for your kindness and support. Even when you aren't here physically I know you are spiritually and that it is doing a lot for me.

Love Elder Jones

Photo sent for 'Christmas Cards'

No comments:

Post a Comment