Thursday, July 11, 2013

August 26, 2012

Hey Mom,

 I just got another letter. This one came quick! You wrote it on the 15th and i received it on the 25th. I really appreciate all the letters, they are wonderful.

So this week there wasn't much. We had a sweet baptism on Saturday. Each set of Elders had some baptisms and so it made it nice to have a bunch of people there to feel like more of a baptismal service instead of just one or two people, us and someone to preside. haha. We had two candidates, Fatmata Bangura and Isatu Fofanah. It was a crazy morning because the water truck that was supposed to come fill our font never came and so we had to start emptying all of the water that we had from anywhere that we had it and carry it to the church and font. It took a while and we were all tired afterwards but it was a very nice baptism. Both of our candidates were scared of the water and so when I went to dunk them they freaked out and I could barely keep them under long enough to get them completely under. It was quite funny because of their reactions. But all was well.

On Thursday we had come home from the days work and all was normal. Friday morning we were supposed to be on exchange me with the District Leader in my area but as we were trying to leave the branch was having a funeral and was expecting us to play the keyboard for them (the district leader not me) we didn’t have this in our plans. We called the zone leaders they said that if we went we couldn’t have the exchange. It had already been a crazy morning and now half the day was going completely off course. We had a lesson and went to play for them. We got there right before it was supposed to start but there was NOBODY there…. We waited for 45 min before the body and people showed up. There was SOOOO many people it was crazy. There wasn’t a spot in the entire building and so tons of people were outside in the rain. I went and stood outside so somebody could have my spot. As I was out there some of the members came to me and wanted the few chairs that we had.  Well… I couldn’t give them to them because somebody had taken my keys and misplaced them. I spent over a half hour looking for them in the morning and couldn’t find them. So I couldn’t even get into my apartment for myself now… The day just kept getting more frustrating as it went on. That night I came back home and searched for probably an hour and a half looking for the keys all over the apartment. Nobody would really help and I was getting very very nervous that somebody had actually stolen the keys from our door. Once again on Saturday we left with out keys back to the house. But I was very lucky because our land lord was around the house that day just going over some things and he found our keys!!! One of the elders had taken the keys to put into the socket so we could plug in the generator and left them outside. I was so relieved. So I guess the moral of the story is – Prayer is “the Key” and that our Heavenly Father truly listens and loves us. Well I have to go. I hope you are all having a great week.

I love you so much,

Love Elder Jones


Pictures posted on the Sierra Leone Blog  August 30, 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment