Hello Mother and all else who will read this,
I got a couple of your letters yesterday. They were nice. Thank you. As for letters, I am so very glad that Elder Mathias has a pouch mail in his mission. That will make things very nice to write between us. Pouch to pouch should be free which will be nice, and I know that the letters will go through and we won’t have to worry about any crazy mail systems.
Give my love to sister Meldrum and her injuries. I hope she recovers quick and well.
That is good to hear about DJ and . . . her. . . I forgot. Keep me posted so that I know when to really start looking for the rock. Ha-ha :)
Well. Things are going good. We just had a nice baptism for four people, three young children, and a young man. It was good. I enjoy seeing their bright and smiling faces after they’re baptised and know what just happened to them. It is so sweet. The work is true and the feeling and experiences are priceless. One of the young girls name is Alberta Nygeta Nyahale Norman.. Try saying that five times fast, or better yet, just once and not messing up during the baptism.. All went well. She is nine years old and is very smart and energetic. No baptisms planned for this week due to elections. We will have to stay inside for one day for sure and maybe more if anything happens. That would be crazy. Hopefully nothing happens. But if it does then I’ll be able to say that I was there for it. Makes for good stories.
Sierra Leone will be getting its first stake at the first week of December. Apparently Elder Holland will be coming! But, as of just a little bit ago we missionaries out here in Bo won’t be able to attend... How crazy is that. He comes and we don’t even get to meet with him. Hopefully the schedule changes and we will get to go. I’ll keep you posted.
I hear there has been some crazy snow! I wish I could get a little snow or something to escape the heat and humidity. But, O well, that won't ever happen.
For a moment I was forgetting that this is the time that the snow actually starts snowing at home. I am just feeling the heat start to come and figured it was the same there. Wrong. Well, enjoy the cold weather and I'll try to enjoy the hot and humid.
Well, this week looks like it will be pretty good. I'll try my best.
I love you so much. Thank you for everything.
Love Elder Jones
E-mail To Dad:
Hey Dad,
Well, I can guarantee that we won’t be getting any surprise snow or anything like that here. It just keeps getting hotter and more humid. WOW, that is so much snow. Ha-Ha, for a moment I was forgetting that this is the time that the snow actually starts snowing at home. I am just feeling the heat start to come and figured it was the same there.... NOPE. Ha-ha. Well then, that is good that the snow is coming, maybe it will be a good winter this year instead of like last year where we had no snow. I wish I could get some snow now. That would be sooo nice. I think every person in Sierra Leone would die instantly due to that weather, so I guess it is best that that weather doesn’t come.
I hope that BYU was the one at 42 at half. Is it just coming to the end of the season? When do bowl games start?
Good, Skyler needs to be doing all that hard labour; build him big and strong. Tell Kathy that I say hello and the Pages as well. Make sure that he is always helping with the snow shovelling cause I know how your back is these days grandpa. Ha-ha J
That is sweet about Tyson and his mission call. He will do so great. I am so excited for him. It feels weird having all of us out on missions all over the world. It feels like just yesterday that we were all with brother Kramer going cross country skiing and bike riding. Now look where we are, scattered abroad to do the work of the Lord. It is sweet!
Things are coming along. It still has its ups and downs but at least it is still moving. I'm trying my best and know that that is what is required. I'll continue to do what i can and search for the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost.
I love you so much. Thank you for everything.
Love Elder Jones
No comments:
Post a Comment