Hello Family,
Well, this week was sweet! I am very much enjoying my new companion Elder Sumrak. Things are going great. We just had the best week that Ive had in this area. The Lord blessed us sooo much this week. When he first arrived we had talked about what we wanted as some goals for the area and things that we needed to do to help organize ourselves and the area. We decided not to waste and went straight to work. As we were having our companion studies talking about the area that first day and as we were praying to leave the house we were asking for help to find those ready to receive us and for us to be able to find them.
As we were just walking to our area to the first appointment we had great success. We went a way that we don't usually go and we contacted a nice young man. Then just after that we received a wonderful referral and even later in the day we did as well. The next day basically the same thing happened. All week we have just felt like the Lord has been guiding us to those people and to where we need to be. It has been great.
We also had a neat experience with the power of prayer just yesterday. We were trying to check the depth of the water in our well so that this week we can start fetching water by hand to fill our font since our pump doesn't work at our church. The item that we had tied to the rope to help us measure the depth got caught on something as we were trying to pull it back up. I tried and tried for some good time and then when I thought it was hopeless Elder Sumrak just paused and said let us pray for this. He immediately started to pray(Ill be honest, I was a little doubtful) and when he was done I gave the rope a shake and pulled and up came the rope! It was a very powerful experience and a humbling one for me to always remember that the Lord is there to help us when we just go to him first and ask for assistance.
Then, later in the day we were having an interview for our candidates for baptism this Saturday and as we were just sitting off to the side this man that stayed there also just came up and started talking to us just about where we were from and how long weve been here and how long well be here. He was very surprised that we said we would be here for two years but at the same time you could see the happiness on his face realizing the good that we are here to do. He started to thank us and then said, Im sure that by the time your time is up that you will have shared a lot of wonderful things with us and also a part of your seed and some good experiences etc... I was just agreeing with him saying yeah yeah and then I realized what he actually said. I immediately stopped and said. NO! That is not what we are about, we are here to share a message and nothing else and so on. He came back saying yeah you can share a message but come on, we are all men. That is just what we do.. you will. Again, umm... no! Us Elders, and him went back and forth for a while and we just kept telling him that we are here for 24 months telling people to stay away from sins like that and that we wouldnt do that. It was crazy. But in the end as we were walking away I felt good inside to know that I am out here to help change lives and keep them safe and to know to myself that that would never happen because I have such a wonderful knowledge of what our Heavenly Father has in store and that we wouldnt want to jeopardize that. It was a crazy couple of minutes talking with him but good in the end.
Hey, sorry. This is all i can put in. The internet and electricity and not getting along with me today. But, the week was good. I hope you all have a good week. I love you.
Elder Jones
No comments:
Post a Comment