Thursday, July 11, 2013

May 21, 2012

First Things First Happy Birthday Dad!!

Wow, I have made it through one transfer already. Time has flown by out here in the field. We are starting transfer two today and we have a lot of goals to accomplish. Elder Barth and I have decided to start to stray away from one part of the area called the police barracksbecause we are tired of going to the same spot everyday. So for the last week or two we have been trying to go and contact people in another part of our area called Mayeme (Miami) We haven’t been able to
because of some of our investigators that we had to see to help prepare for baptism and neither of us knew the area. But of course, We have a loving Father who is willing to guide us to where we need to be because one of our days walking home from that area we met this lady on the side of the road and we were talking to her while we were watching Pastor Mombu do some baptisms and all the people singing joyful songs. (I have decided To follow Jesus, I have
decided to follow Jesus) We talked to her and she lived in Mayeme with her whole family and said that we could come by. So we did, and because of them we got a referral for their neighbor Pa Pratt. He is a 74 yr old man who looks like he is maybe 55 and  still looking really good! He gave us his like whole life story and it was pretty funny. We had a good lesson with him and invited him to church. He showed up as well as one of the members of the Turay Family. 

It rained Sunday morning and so at the start of church we had 18 people total. By the end of sacrament meeting we had 53 still a small week but we are trying. We had this one lady named Comfort showed up. We have been trying to get her to come  to church FOR EVER! And she finally came. So we went to visit her later that evening and were helping her
prepare some stuff so she could make dinner and she told us she was ready to be baptized. It was awesome because we have been trying so hard and we were about to drop her. We asked her why and she said that she had a change of heart and that she liked church and was ready to quit smoking and be baptized. That just tells you about the power of
church attendance.

Sorry, I tried to write last week but the computer was very dumb and the internet wouldn't let me email. But anyway…. You guys ripped me off 15 min for my phone call! I see how it is. Dad said that he was volunteered to write the letter, you cut the call short… I guess I’ll just have to stay in Africa.. haha just kidding. But, you said to tell you some things that I would like. You guys will have to send me stamps so that I can send letters home because there is no way for me to get any here. If you could please, give me Curtis and Jason’s addresses. You can have Adam give them to you.  For anything in a package other than peanut butter… maybe some meals in a package where I just have to add hot water or some Alfredo sauce and other things like that that only require water to make since I don’t get much milk.

The other Elders have suggested that I ask you to send my camel back. They say that the dry season is super bad here and I will be very dehydrated without it. And any candy that you feel like sending  I’m not sure on how much it is to send a package, so if it is super expensive you can use money from my account to send it no worries.  I don’t remember how much I told you about pouch service for letters, but, that is what they say works best. I believe that instructions should be on the blog. And they say for dear elder that works really well too and that you just have to type the letter put in my name and mission and it will go. If you have to set up an account or anything just go ahead and set it up if need be if anybody plans on using it.

I can't think of anything else at the moment so i'll write it down if i remember anything for next week. I love you all! you are great. Remember to have family scripture study and especially family prayer.

Life is good here in Sierra Leone. Talk to you all later.

Love Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment