Thursday, July 11, 2013

October 8,2012

 Well, things are going good. I think I told you that i sent you a letter last week, so it should be coming here pretty soon. Letters are going to be much different out here in BO. We have to wait till somebody from town comes out to receive our letters which means only about once or twice a month. so it looks like i'll just receive lots of letters at the same time.

The new area is coming along small small. We still do a lot of walking due to not to many investigators at the moment. But we are trying to work on that so that we are more effective. Until then, ''Onward Christian Soldiers MARCHING on to.. teach'' The rain only comes about once a week and the days are getting hot and humid and lots of sweat. But, as of now the conditions are still good. It will be rough when dry season is in full swing.

  Before I forget. I think it was in the letter that i was asking for a new alarm clock. Don't worry about that, mine started working again. And i said something about pants but i took them to the taylor and they are fixed and working well. As for things i would like, i think i forgot to mention pens... The pilot pens. the point 5 size. Other than that, I don't think there was anything else that i forgot, maybe stamps. I don't know...

  Well, how is the family? How is life?  Mission life is going well. Oooo Guess what! Today we got Light!!! Today was the very first time i've been on mission that my apartment has had natural power and not generator power. It was neat. I've been in buildings that have had it before, but never in my own building. I guess we've always supposed to have it out here but since I showed up we haven't. i guess i'm just cursed to live and cook in the dark. ha-ha. over 6 months on mission and just getting power.. Makes me very grateful for the life we have back home. Makes me think of this last winter during the wind storm where we didn't have it for 4 days. Psh... that is nothing now. ha-ha. only i'm glad that i don't have freezing weather here to not have power instead of like when that happened.

  I'm starting to get better at expanding what i'm capable of cooking for African meals. You'll have to locate the nearest African market for me so that when i get back home i can collect all these items and give you guys an African meal. My favorite as of so far on mission is Potato Leaf. It looks gross when you put it on your rice but it is actually quite good. Now that i have a grocery store maybe i'll start to be able to get some small treats here and there... probably not. Those goodies are still too expensive for me to enjoy. O well, it will make them all the better when i get back and indulge and get very FAT from all the goodness.

  Well, as for the neat and crazy experience to share nothing has happened so far since coming here, so i'll continue to look for those and keep you all posted.

Everything is going well and i'm happy and and enjoying. Time truly flys out here. Is it going fast for you back home or just out here?

Well, I love you all very much!

Love Elder Jones!

E-mail To Dad:

How is everything going? Man, i miss watching priesthood and then being able to go out for ice cream and pie and all other sorts of deliciousness! I know that within a week of getting home i will get so fat! ha-ha. As for the Milk... Well we have powdered, sweet milk, and now that i have a grocery store i'm sure that i can find some sort of skim milk or something. But out here i've gotten kind of used to powdered milk and we have actually tried pudding with it and it wasn't too bad. so... 

How was priesthood? No, you don't need to send me one, they give each area a Liahona every month so i'll get to read it. But what you can do is make sure you get one and keep it so that I can have the conference editions that happened while on mission for myself to always be able to look back and read what was said while i was out serving.

 The new area is coming along small small. We still do a lot of walking due to not to many investigators at the moment. But we are trying to work on that so that we are more effective. Until then, ''Onward Christian Soldiers MARCHING on to.. teach'' The rain only comes about once a week and the days are getting hot and humid and lots of sweat. But, as of now the conditions are still good. It will be rough when dry season is in full swing.

The Branch isn't too bad. The presidency does a whole lot more than the last area but still has lots of room for improvement. Slowly things will continue to happen and progress. Once again it is always a delight to have a nice, orderly, loving ward and leaders to look for as an example back home. Tell them all thank you again for me.

 Anything big happen in conference? I heard that you can now go on mission at the age of 18! How crazy is that! Skyler will be leaving right after graduation... Wo, that is weird to think i'll be like 26 or so when he goes on mission. you'll be...... well, lets not go that far. ha-ha.

 Well, things are going good and i'm enjoying. I was just able to have my 3 month interview with President Roggia, he is such a wonderful man and always helps to lift the spirit. He really helped to take of the load that was somehow trying to push down on me. I feel free and ready to go!
  Well, time to go.
  I love ya tons
Love your son
Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment