Thursday, July 11, 2013

September 24, 2012

Hello Family,

First off, sorry that last weeks email did not come through. I had it all written up and was ready to copy, paste, and send but the email had timed out and so I had to refresh. While in the process the building lost internet connection and when it came back I only had about 2 min and the internet wasn’t picking up yet. So.. I wasn’t able to send that half which I was really bummed about. It talked about a very wonderful man named Pa Patrick. He is about 80 years old, can’t see very well, and LOVES the church. He just found the church and he has some of the most faith I’ve ever seen in a lot of people! He is very funny as well and I’ll just say such a Cute Old Man! I wish you could all come and be here for one of his lessons just for 5 min and you would all love him so much.

This past weekend the 22 we were able to have a baptism for a woman named Comfort George. Sister Comfort was one of the very very first people that I met. Elder Barth had met with her once before and on my first day we went and had a lesson with her. I can still remember sitting on her couch and it being one of my first lessons. She asked me about Jonah and the whale. As I told her the story and what not, after the lesson I said to Elder Barth that she wasn’t very serious if she only cared about Jonah and the Whale and not what we had to teach. He told me she was just testing our church to see if we believed the same things… After a while she started to progress and get somewhere and then we found she had a smoking problem. At that point she wasn’t really progressing much and so we were only seeing her about once a week or so just to check up on her and see how she was doing. After a long while of that I had decided it was time to leave her behind because she wasn’t serious. At that time we went to go see her she had a bunch of friends over and it was a crazy lesson trying to explain Joseph Smith and the restoration. The next time we went, we truly went to tell her that we weren’t coming to her anymore. Well, she had the same intentions on having a serious talk about being interested in the message and actually progressing. It was a very, very wonderful talk and we could tell that something had clicked and she was ready. After re teaching all of the lessons and many things she was finally able to overcome her smoking problem, and finally understand why she needed to go to president for her interview. All things happened and she was baptized and confirmed on my 6 months. I thought it was very fitting for it to be the last thing here in Grafton. It took 6 months for her to finally come in, but it is such a wonderful thing.

Well, It looks like it is time for me to move. We received transfer news last night and I am headed to BO. I can’t remember what my new companions name is but I’ll be able to tell you next week. I have Chopped my first 6 months! Time is surely against me out here. I am very excited to be transferring but also at the same time it is very sad. I have grown to Love this Grafton area and the people over this last 6 months it will be hard to leave them knowing that I will probably never get to see any of them again… This morning while doing my laundry I was just thinking about the things that I have been able to, or not yet, accomplish while being out here. So much has happened. I’ve grown so much and I know that there is still so much growing to be had. I thought about what I’ve done and asked myself if, Have I done/ is it enough… I had a very good long thought to myself and it is something that I would like to continue to apply to myself throughout the mission and even after mission. Have I done/is it enough? It is something that I’d like you all to ask yourself. Take a look back at the last 6 months, ponder over what has happened in your own life and ask yourself; Have I done/is it, enough?

 There is so much on my mind just reflecting over the last while I’ve been here and how little time I have left. I can’t even put anything else down on words because I don’t know what to truly say.

I know that this church is true. I know that my Heavenly Father Loves me and cares enough to give me his son so that I can be saved. I am so grateful that I am out here in Sierra Leone and that I have the chance and opportunity to meet and love all these wonderful people and children of God. I am so grateful to have you all as my family who cares and loves me always just the way I am and thank you for everything and I love you all so much. I have come to such a great knowledge of more truth and love of this gospel and the blessings it brings to me and to others. My feelings inside are deep and profound but my words lack the ability to express them correctly to the extent of all these things.

I love you all.
Love, Elder Jones


Photo from the Mission Blog, Posted September 19, 2012
Spencer and Elder Nwosu

No comments:

Post a Comment