Hello Family,
On Saturday we had the baptism of Brother Obai Kamara. The missionaries have been seeing him for about 10 months now. His wife and child died last month and I was a little nervous that he would start to fall away but he show much trust and faith in the Lord and came immediately to me asking about when he could be baptized. This man is so strong and has such faith. Through it all he has been a great example to me by showing how much faith and trust he has even when he has so little and lost so great. His baptism was probably one of the most spiritual I’ve had since coming. Just seeing the happiness and joy coming from this man as he was coming out of the water was so great. You could really see the goodness of this gospel through this man. I know that the Lord has in store a great work for this man and I’m excited to see him continue on.
I received letters from mom (12th and 19th) and the letter from Skyler as well. Thank you so much and HOLY COW Jordan Stuart is getting married!!!!???? Wow. Well, tell him congrats for me. Mom, you said that my English is not that great in the letters. Has my English really gone down that much? I haven’t noticed, but if it is… o well. The new laundry boy isn’t doing too bad. He had to take the last week or so off due to an injury to his hand. When it rains, it pours! And everywhere is very slippery. Today he was finally able to get back to work. Boy, was he needed this last week or so. His job is half half but he is improving with every wash. So I guess I’ll keep him for a while.
The rain has been coming down pretty heavy for the last while and just comes and goes like that. it is crazy. You are never sure what the weather will be like in the day. We moved apartments, just across the road. This new apartment is very nice and I managed to get the biggest room for me and my companion. It is sweet! But the only problem is that we don’t have a compound. On our verandas we have bars and gates so it is secure, but it still leaves room for thieves to reach through with a stick and collect things that we leave outside. I accidentally left my umbrella outside because that is what I was used to so it could dry off. Well, that night my umbrella got stolen as well as all the others umbrellas as well. O well, I guess I’ll just be buying a new umbrella sometime this week. Not bad. We have running water. That is weird! I took my first actual shower since the MTC. It was very weird and I’ll be honest I’m going to be sticking to the bucket baths because it saves more water since we don’t have a strong pressure with the water. We still have to put all of our drinking water through our filter before we can drink it but that is no problem.
I’ve been sitting here for 40 min waiting for this internet to allow me onto my email so I’ve just written this on word so that when I finally manage to make it there I can just send it. So, I have no idea what else to say because I haven’t seen what anybody has asked or what is happening. But all is well.
O! so when I first came to this area my companion and I NEVER got any FM’s (free Meals) I think I had maybe 2 the whole time I was with him. All the time elder barth and i would hear the other elders coming home saying they were full from 1 or 2 FMs from their areas each day. It was killing me. It has been my goal (of course my real goal is to help other to come unto Christ! But it is my slide in the back goal) to get our FM status up. Well, we have slowly but surely been doing that. In this one area for the other Elders it is known as the FM zone because that is all they do is get them there. I kept saying that it was my dream to get 2 FMs in one day from my area. I knew that the area would be improving in all aspects when that happened. Well. It Happened!!! We got not only 2 but we got 3! FMs on Saturday and had a Magnificent baptism. It was a great day. But by the end of the day I was pretty sick of rice and sauce. haha.
Tell Nathan I’m sorry for his pains and sicknesses. That doesn’t not sound like any fun at all! The internet isn’t working. So I’m just printing and sending. Well now it is trying for me. I’ve only got enough time to just send this. I’ll read and reply next week. So here ya go. Hope this makes it to you. Well, I love you all. Hope you are having a great day.
Love Elder Jones
No comments:
Post a Comment