Thats ok that there is no letter. I have received all packages from the family, Bro. Pew and the Mathias and other things for Christmas so ill be perfectly ok without a letter. And it is only a week away so... all is well. Im very glad that the letters and pictures arrived. Ooo Sister Denney, tell her hello for me. If she cried over a letter from me I cant wait to see what happens when she gets something from Ty. Ha ha.
I like the pee day story. HA HA I loved the picture and headline of DJ and Danny Glover. That is Awesome. What was he and DJ doing there? I hope ill be able to come and visit some time for Christmas here.. It might be a little bit more difficult than for DJ, but ill do it some time.
This week was good. It went by pretty slow but it was still good. Today starts the new transfer. Im trying to have a new motto of you make the situation, the situation doesnt make you. And making sure that I have a happy attitude about all things. It doesnt feel like Christmas. The heat is coming back and the dust is starting to flow.
For you guys the cold is coming and the snow is falling. It feels like summer.... Its odd having Christmas in the summer. But Ill try make the best of it. Elder Symons and I every morning after prayer go and stand out on the front porch and sing the 12 days of Christmas. It is fun trying to get a little Christmas here. In the next package youll have to send me a couple feet of snow. Haha :)
This week we had our Christmas conference. President Roggia isAMAZING. He talked small about symbolisms and about how much God and Jesus Christ truly love us. He talked about the power that Christ has and the worlds and galaxies and stars and everything through him he created. President Roggia made me feel really small when he was showing his slide show of the galaxies and whatnot. But it was amazing.
On Wednesday was 12/12/12 as im sure you know. I had NOO idea until about 8:00 in the evening when one of the other elders told me. I quickly made a sign so we could take some pictures and have some fun with it. Wow, we wont have another one of those in a LONG time. Im glad i could spend such a historical day in such a wonderful place
doing the best work.
O, Wow, I almost forgot. We had a baptism this week. Picture included. It was crazy. We went to the chapel and there was no power, and it would have taken a REALLY long time to pull in from the well by hand to fill it. So we did a lot of walking around to a different building to hold the service and then walked far! To a small river where we were able to do the baptism it crazy and very tiring but it went well. We finished the service in our branch president yard under the shade of the tree with a nice breeze. It was cool.
Well, i have to go. I love you tons!
Merry Christmas to all
Love Elder Jones
| Bo Air Strip |
| Muslim 10 Commandments |
| poppa Mohamed Banard Meyers (conteh) |
| Seray Karoma |
| John Rogers |
Email To Dad:
Hey Dad,
Well, I first off want to apologize for last week in my letter. I washaving too much ''self'' thought and pity. But, this week I have changed my attitude and things are going much better.
I am very happy that those letters showed up. And you can tell Bro. Pew that he can put a big smile on because I have received the package. And I received the other package from the family. And also the one that Mathias' sent me. Wow! See Boku packages. I'm the only elder in the apartment that is waiting till Christmas to open his packages. Haha. We'll see if I last another week. I was sad. No letter from Bro. Caldwell yet. I hoped he liked my picture and letter to him.
This week was Long, but it wasn't bad. Our conference was very nice. President Roggia is AMAZING. He talked small about symbolisms and about how much God and Jesus Christ truly love us. He talked about the power that Christ has and the worlds and galaxies and stars and everything through him he created. President Roggia made me feel really small when he was showing his slide show of the galaxies and whatnot. But it was amazing.
Well, just as you, I'm trying my very best to have the Christmas Spirit. I truly am so grateful that I can be in this place to give the best gift of all with these wonderful people. I am so thankful that the Lord has mercy and love for me to help me through all things and to do his work. I hope that during this Christmas season you too might have the chance to share the best gift in the world. The gift of the gospel and families through our Savior Jesus Christ.
Thank you for everything. I love you tons
Love Elder Jones
Merry
Christmas!!
Photo's Posted on Mission Blog December 15, 2012
No comments:
Post a Comment