Dear Family.
Well…. I just want to respond firstly to Brother Pew. He mentioned about Elder Denney and a microwave pizza…… ooooooooo…. If only if only… He is living the good life! Haha. I don’t think I’d ever complain about something like that again. That has been a blessing being out here is that I know that I will thoroughly enjoy just about all foods when I get back…. The other day we were talking with an elder who had to go home for some medical a while back and came back just after I came. We were all eating at a restaurant and he asked us, what was the first thing we would choose in the airport between McDonalds, Subway, and Pizza Hut… He had chosen McDonalds. He said it was the best McDonalds he had ever had in his life…. I said I was going for Subway. Loading and loading on all the meat and and veggies and then adding a little more too it. Wow, my mouth is already starting to water… So, enjoy the foods while you can because I don’t know how much I’ll leave behind when I get home…. Yes, I have plenty to eat here. Just not all that good stuff. Haha. Not bad.
This week was good. We had our zone conference. We found out the new mission president for the Liberia Mission but they haven’t announced who will replace President Roggia yet…. We all figured they just can’t find anybody good enough to replace him. It will be exciting to find out who is the new guy but at the same time it will be hard because we all love him so much and he has done so much for us and this country and mission. We are all assuming they will call him to the 70 or something real quick. We kind of want him to be the area 70 over west Africa so that he can continue to come back to us. How sweet would that be. A bunch of us missionaries believe him to be the still living John the Beloved. And… he confirmed it in the conference… He was talking about walking around with his companions Peter and Paul with out purse or script way back when he was on mission… HA we knew it… But the conference was sweet. It was about enduring to the end and helping to have our recent converts to see the big picture. But not only them but us…When we see them, how do we see them, in white ready for baptism, or in shirt tie with their spouse and children sealed and active in the gospel… It was cool to help all of us especially myself to think harder and to have a deeper love and more commitment to my recent converts. I have been slacking in my promise to them that I will print off a picture of their baptism for them…I need to do so.. that is going to be a lot and take some time. But, it needs to happen so I will do it.
O, it will be sad to lose President and Sister Roggia, they are so wonderful. But we’ll just have to make the best of
what we have with the time remaining. Time just goes to fast out here.
For the area…. At the end of the conference the assistants called me over and said that they want to split my area…… What!? My area isn’t that big right now and to split it into two…. Yikes! That means that my companion and I will get split and take a portion each… We have been really trying to build up the area with investigators so that whatever happens that both sets of missionaries will have people to teach. We started going to this part of our area that I never realized that we weren’t really going there. We were having a branch member show us around the area and the next thing we realized was that we were standing in the same spot.. ya, we just went in a circle of that whole area in just about 10min. that was small. Things might be a little difficult. But I know that the Lord knows what he is doing and that if he says our area is ready to split then we will do what we can to prepare it.
Things are going good. We are enjoying and doing well. Continuing to work hard and stay out of the sun for what we can. I’m getting a little darker which is nice. But I still am just drowning at night. I really think I might somehow be getting swimmers ear from all the sweat at night… O well. Not bad.
Today we had a super pday with our zone and as part of it we decorated eggs. Yes, it is a little far from Easter but it all tied in somehow… It was fun to decorate an egg. We all wrote scriptures on the eggs and then the zone leaders hid the eggs and we had to find them… I shared one of my favorites which is eph 6:11-17 put on the whole armor of God. Ever since SOME I have really liked that and seen the importance of doing all we can to prepare ourselves for any attack that satan will send our way.
Well, I love you all. Thanks for everything. I’ll let you know what the news is about the area next week when they tell us more.
Love you all.
Love Elder Jones.
P.S. Brooke and Logan, Congratulations!!!
E-mail to Dad:
Hey Dad,
How was your week. I hope that everything has gone well. This week has been good. I know exactly what you feel right now with people avoiding you and not keeping commitments. We are having some of those same people. But it is okay. As long as we keep trying they Lord will help us out.
This week we had a sweet baptism! We didn’t want to do it in our font again this week with that gross water so we went out and found a sweet spot in the river in our area. It was peaceful, and not too dirty, and just straight up awesome. I love being able to do things like that out here. I’m glad I’m not in any other spot in the world where they don’t even get a chance to do that because the church is developed and there is clean working water..ha ha. The benefits and hardships of this mission. Gotta love it. The candidates were three young men. On Sunday they were confirmed and then in young men they called me in and said that they wanted to start working with us which I was soo excited to see their own enthusiasm about the work and sharing the gospel to friends and family.
Things are going well. I’m still enjoying. I can’t believe how fast the time is going by. I don’t like it all that much. Haha. But that is how it goes. As if but a blink of an eye.
Well, I got to go. I love you tons!
Love Elder Jones
Photo's Posted on Mission Blog March 4, 2013
No comments:
Post a Comment