Thursday, July 11, 2013

October 22, 2012

baptism of Benestar Amma

Elder Symons and I

Where we teach and they overlook their rice farm to cast stones at the birds to keep them away

View of the recent converts rice field

Sneaking up on my prey (I went back to my jungle days)

Baptism of Mohamed Gbangba

One of the many lizards in the house. This was a very small one... they get bigger



Well, here are just a few pictures. I hope you all enjoy them. sorry. it takes time to load them so i didn't have much time to write..
These all all in this area from Messima. I'll try to send some more from Grafton as well.
How is everything going? I wanted to ask about Keigunn. How is that situation playing out? He is still in my prayers.
Well, until next week with hopefully more pictures.
Thank you all so much for the letters today i really needed and appreciated them.
I love you all soooo much and miss you tons. O ya, mom i got the dear elder that bro mathias wrote, he said he wrote it from our house... soo...
once again. Love you much
Love Elder Jones

Email To Dad:

To answer your question about the temple, I don’t think anybody from my branch actually went to the temple. But I’m not for sure because when all the plans were made and they were leaving I didn’t really know anybody from my branch too well. So, in reality i don’t think it made that big of a difference in my branch for numbers. I know it was only a few people and families here and there from many of the branches around. So... The people don’t have a lot of money to be able to travel to the temple. So hopefully by next time people will have saved so that they can go. Boy o boy do i miss the temple. I can’t wait to be able to see 5 plus just by taking an hour drive from home..

Ya it was kind of a big shock when we heard the age change and it makes a lot of sense that a lot of young woman will be going. Just like you i don’t think that there will be a huge spike in Elders just yet, but in time i think the numbers will really come up with it.

things are going ok. Kind of having a little bit of trouble with the companion. He is very one way and it is always his. I try very hard to build unity but it is difficult. what are some things that helped you out in the field when you had a companion that was a little difficult? I'm trying to be patient and show love. Studying real hard to try and find ways to build it up so the area can progress as well.

The area is doing ok. We are trying to find some more serious investigators to help fill our days with lessons instead of bounces. Nothing crazy has happend during the last week. I'll keep you posted. thank you so much for everything. I love you so much.

Love your son,
Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment