Friday, July 12, 2013

April 8, 2013

Dear Family,

Well, this week was good. There wasn't a whole lot that happened but I’ll share of the little bit. Since we now have a district of eight elders we go on a lot of exchanges. So we are doing about two a week right now. One exchange that we did I was with one of the new elders, Elder Chigede from Zimbabwe. It was a lot of fun. It was his first exchange and he was a little nervous. But he did great. We had a very successful day. Another exchange we had this week I was in my own area with Elder Arhinful from Ghana. It was also a good exchange day. Most of the times exchanges just end up as bounces all day but these ones were successful which made me happy.

On Saturday we were planning on having a baptism. Our branch doesn't have a baptismal font so we go to the district center to do them with about five other branches. There are always people having baptisms which is nice to combine to have a bigger service. On Saturday we were supposed to have our interviews with President Roggia. They were supposed to be right after the baptism. Somehow when we all got there we were the only branch with a baptism this week….. and we only had one candidate…. And nobody in his family or from our branch was there…. We sat Karimu down and asked him what he wanted to do to have it now or wait till next week. He said that he just wanted to do it. So we gathered the other elders who were there and had our own little service. It was kind of awkward but at the same time it was a very wonderful baptismal service because the spirit was there in full because the other missionaries weren't being loud and taking away from the spirit like it usually is when others are there. The Spirit was strong and very wonderful. The baptism was successful and short. We sent Karimu home after wards and went back in to have our interviews.

For the interview I had been trying to think of something deep and meaningful to talk about with president but the days previous I couldn't think about anything. As I sat down to talk with president… I had nothing… So I just talked small about the area and some of the success. It was good. But that was about it. President just asked about how the family was doing. I told all was well. And that was all the conversation was. It was the shortest interview on the day. But he was okay because I am happy and without concern right now which is good. As I left the interview I was happy and yet not happy at the same time because that was my last interview with President Roggia before he leaves… He is such a wonderful man and It will be different but a good thing with the new president coming.

I’m glad to hear that conference was so good. I’m sad we weren't able to see it first hand, but hopefully we will get to watch at least small in a month or so. I hope that the conference edition comes quick so I can read it. It is kind of weird being a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and not even knowing what the Prophet and leaders are saying… We’ll manage. I’m just telling you now. I better have tickets to go watch conference when I get back because that will be right as I’m getting home. Hopefully I’ll make it home just in time for it and not right after. Haha.
Sunday was good. At church we had a bunch! Of investigators, from our half of the area we managed nine investigators and two referrals and the other elders had five investigators and seven referrals. A total of 25 people at church that were non-members.  Sweet! The building is getting very tight. At this rate we won’t have any extra space(not that that is a bad thing or anything). We were all very excited. And you could see the excitement on the members faces to see all these people coming. Maybe it will encourage them to start bringing their own friends.

Well, that is about all. Things are good and I’m doing well. Mom, I’m glad you enjoyed flying first class. Sounds like fun. With the whole Elder Mathias email, He emailed me. They have changed the rules and we can email whomever we want. We have just talked small. I think we will still try this whole letter thing so if you want to still add small excerpts from his emails that is okay.

Wow! The Womack twins are already heading out on Mission. Wow. That is so exciting. But one thing, you forgot to mention where they are headed… That is exciting. If you see them, tell them hello for me. I love those guys they will be awesome!

Well, I got to go. I love you tons. Hope all is well.
Love Elder Jones 

E-mail To Dad:

Hey Dad,

That is sweet to hear about conference and especially about Sky going to priesthood session. I love priesthood session that is always the best. ooooo yummm. Paces! do i want a hamburger and fries and ice cream.. yes. can i have one.. NO... you make me jealous. but that is okay no worries.

Things were good this week. It was a very quick week. I can't believe that i'm already emailing you guys again. Time is too quick. We had a nice baptism this week and a nice sacrament meeting with lots of people. the work is moving along and we are doing well. We are just trying to build up or various areas so that we don't have to do so much walking in between lessons. it is coming slowly but surely.

We met this guy named Manseray this week. He was a referral who actually turned out to be a member. He was baptized in about 07 or 8 but has fallen away for some of his own reason. As we talked we had a spiritual lesson and were able to answer some of his concerns and questions. It was good. Turns out one of his big problems was that after he joined he saw many members and the district president drinking and breaking other commandments. So he left the church because of them. We assured him that it isn’t like that anymore with the new leaders and members since then. We will continue to work with him. It will be good because at the same time we are teaching his wife who we didn’t know that they were married because we had never seen him around before and we met him somewhere else. But now hopefully we can help them both come into the church which would be sweet.

Well, I have to go. Things are going good. Love you tons. That is cool news about the mission president and your boss.
Love you. Hope all goes well for you.

Love your son. Elder Jones 

No comments:

Post a Comment