"And.. His voice... makes me melt like a popsicle on the forfth of July" (name that movie) (okay little rascles)
I hope you all enjoy very much the holiday. I will miss it much. I do miss being in the great land of liberty and freedom. I have learned so much from being here and the people. a lot of that is how blessed we are for what we have, where we live, and how we live, our leaders, neighbors, friends, and family. I've realized what i've taken for granted and what i appreciate so much more now that i'm here. We truly do have things very easy. But that is okay. We are blessed to have had inspired men who fought and gave their lives to making sure that we have what we have today. They were honest, diligent, and men of integrity who had high values and a love of God. As I think of them I just try to think of what things could be like here if we had some of those same people in office and leading this nation. I am so grateful for what we have.
This week was pretty good. Things have picked up this week compared to the last two weeks which has been very nice. I haven't had to worry and stress as much about things and people as now they are coming together better. My companion is trying and doing well. He is still learning and has so things to develop in personally. He is ready to work and I'm grateful for that. He is working on his Krio. I'm not going to lie when i said I had a hard time but I don't think I had as hard of a time. So we are working on it small small. He'll catch on soon. hopefully. It is good to see where he is at and how far i've come and what i've learned. seeing how he can get stressed about some small things and how now i can see that these things will actually work for us. I am grateful for what i'm seeing an learning. This week we have taken almost all of the boys that we have recently helped to have a conversion and they are taking turns one each day walking with us for some small time. it is very good to see their excitement and willingness to help. Especially when the first one got to take his turn they all got pretty hyped up which was fun. The branch is doing well. My companion has a thing for stepping on peoples toes who are in a leadership. and not is a soft way as what we are supposed to in order to help them progress. He just takes the whole foot which caused a big thing yesterday in our meeting. But all worked out. Like I said he is still learning small small on how we can best be useful and how the people will accept what we are trying to help them do. it is good though.
I am looking forward to meeting our new mission president and his wife this week. It will be fun. Dad said that you were going to meet Pres. and Sis. Roggia. I'm sure you'll enjoy. I know that they will enjoy as they now get to relax for some time from all the many many stresses and work. They are surely great! They did a lot of work and good to us here and the people. I know our new president, President Ostler will be great. I can't wait to hear from him.
Well. I have to go. I love you all. O ya, Brooke, shiree showed me a picture of you. Looks like your doing good. Ready to burst. I can't wait. just letting all know that i want an email immediately when she delivers, even if it isn't monday............ Wait.... I think i just received a prophecy. you will deliver on the 4th of July and call her name Samantha (Sam) just so i can sing the song. " A real live nephew (niece) of my uncle Sam, Born on the 4th of July!" Just kidding. That isn't prophecy but that would be sweet.
Well, I love you all very much.
Love Elder Jones
Email To Dad:
Don't worry. The tie will be worn both for the 4th, 24th, and all other days where appropriate.
yes, as I've been here I've grown a great love for the country and people of Sierra Leone. But the more I'm here the more I see how blessed I am for being born and raised in such a wonderful land. Even with the things that I hear about that go on and it sounds like things are going down hill I know how nice we still have it. I am so grateful for all the many many things I have back home and the privileges I have and all of the wonderful men and woman who defend our country, rights, and freedoms. I will miss the celebrations but will enjoy them a lot more when i return for next years.
I am so happy for the Pew's call and also for Christian! That is soo exciting. I am truly amazed at how many people are out on mission that i know and still continuing to get their calls. this work is true and it is awesome the response of all the members for the work.
Well, this week was pretty good. everything picked up a lot more than the last two weeks which was very nice. Things are going good between my companion and I. He is still learning and trying the Krio. We've planned for one baptism this week. James Vanboi. I'm super excited. it will be good. I can't wait to meet the new mission president this week. I am glad you got to go meet pres. and sis. roggia. I'm sure they are glad to be home and can now relax. You'll have to keep me posted on them and how everything is going for them.
Well. I have to go. I love you tons. Thank you for teaching me to be who I am and especially to have a love and a devotion to my country and leaders.
I love you tons.
love Elder Jones
No comments:
Post a Comment