Hello Family,
Well this week was full of miracles for my companion and I. I’ll share some of them for what i can.
On Tuesday we had to travel to town to have one of our investigators interviewed by president. We had made plans to meet up with our candidate in town. As we were trying to get there the time wasn't playing nice. We got to the first main junction to catch transport. There was absolutely no transport. This car pulled up and told us to get in. I had a strange feeling about it and didn't want to. My companion wanted to. The man was basically yelling at us to get in and he would take us. He said he was a member but then kept saying something other that our name. We went across the street and a poda came. I went to get in but my companion had a bad feeling about that one. We just turned down 2 ways of transport and it isn't easy to get it to town. Then a new poda came and took us there with ease. We were able to meet up with our candidate and had a successful interview. Coming home was even more hard. We walked from transport site to transport site and ended up a little lost but finally managed our way this area. There was absolutely no way that we were ever going to get transport but then this man came to us and was a member. We were talking and he somehow managed to get us into a transport and gave up his spot. He was an angel i know it because we would have been there
for another hour or so.
On Saturday we had our All African Service Project. We went to various places in my area and were planting trees. We actually had a better turn out that what we thought. They said we were to plant 2000 tree starts. I think we had more than that because we had separated into 3 groups into different areas and i think my group had like 1000 trees by our-self .. it was very tiring. At the end we quickly rushed home so we could have our baptism. This is where everything fell apart. Our candidates( Hawa williams and Sahr Sonsiama) weren't there our branch president wasn't there. It was a train wreck. We somehow managed to get our candidates there and somebody to preside. It was a very small and simple baptism but it turned out to be very wonderful. The Lord blessed me with a major stress relief from that day.
On Sunday we were going to have our new interviews for this next week and we showed up to our candidates house. They weren't there. We immediately started searching for here and went from place to place and finally found her. We talked with her and she said she still wanted to baptize. We made it back to the house just in time to have the interview. Her name is Isatu Fofanah. She is so smart and truly has a testimony. I’m excited for her.
This week was just full of blessings and miracles all over the place. I just hope that this week isn't so crazy. I know that the area is starting to improve and things are going well. I’m loving everything out here. I love you so much.
O crazy story. On our way here we say a young boy get hit by a car. He looked ok but the crowd was going crazy. It is just the small things like that that make it very interesting...
I love you all and hope you have a great week.
Love Elder Jones
Ps mom i got two more of your letters. Thank you so much. I love you.
E-mail To Dad:
Hey Dad,
That is so exciting about Tyson. I'm so excited for him. As for new missionaries to Sierra Leone. Listen around for them. They are saying that there will be 50 new missionaries here by the end of the year. We all know that the mission is close to splitting and will most likely happen when president leaves. That will be crazy. The mission is doing very well and we are enjoying.
Yes in that picture for the font we had to have a couple people in there but we have fixed that problem since they built a new font. Well they built an actual font. That picture wasn't truly supposed to be a font be we had to make due. The river was at one of it's cleanest at that picture. If you saw it now it is just straight brown and muddy water. I'm glad that we don't have to go back down there during this rainy season. Some people have monkeys as pets. We don't see them around unless somebody has it at their house like that one. I'll be trying to send more pictures here and there. We just found a new cafe that is working well for today so we will see in the up coming weeks.
On Tuesday we had our District Meeting and we did an activity that you could possibly use in your lesson. Give everybody a 3 by 5 card and have them write a statement, scripture, sentence.. whatever they want. Once everybody is done have them flip it over, close their eyes and then try to write the exact same thing. After wards talk about what happened. Why did it not look the same. How can we relate this to us not following the spirit in our life ( we used it for our lessons and investigators) as we talked it was a very nice thing to think about and realize. I thought it could fit into your lesson if you wanted to use it.
This week has been a good one. I'll write more to the family. Thanks for everything dad. I love you so much.
Elder Jones
E-mail To Shiree:
Hey Shiree,
Wow, sounds like you had a very fun week. Man i miss boating and jet skiing. Lucky duck. I’m glad that you had fun. We always need to just have a break and fun everynow and then. Well this week was pretty crazy. We had something basically everyday that took out from most of the day of proselyting but we still had a good week and boy o boy was it full of blessings and miracles. I’m so grateful that the Lord is always here to help us out and give us those extra bits of help. That is good to hear that 15 signed up and many more came. When 15 people sign up for somthing here we get 1 or 2 that show up. Haha. But we are working on that.
Here is what President Roggia sent us in his email for the week. I thought you’d like it.
Thought for the week: Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
You say: "It's impossible."
God says: All things are possible. (Luke 18:27)
You say: "I'm too tired."
God says: I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28-30)
You say: "Nobody really loves me."
God says: I love you. (John 3:16 &John 13:34)
You say: "I can't go on."
God says: My grace is sufficient. (II Corinthians 12:9 & Psalm 91:15)
You say: "I can't figure things out."
God says: I will direct your steps. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
You say: "I can't do it."
God says: You can do all things. (Philippians 4:13)
You say: "I'm not able."
God says: I am able. (II Corinthians 9:8)
You say: "It's not worth it."
God says: It will be worth it. (Roman 8:28)
You say: "I can't forgive myself."
God says: I FORGIVE YOU. (I John 1:9 & Romans 8:1)
You say: "I can't manage."
God says: I will supply all your needs. (Philippians 4:19)
You say: "I'm afraid."
God says: I have not given you a spirit of fear. (II Timothy 1:7)
You say: "I'm always worried and frustrated."
God says: Cast all your cares on ME. (I Peter 5:7)
You say: "I don't have enough faith."
God says: I've given everyone a measure of faith. (Romans 12:3)
You say: "I'm not smart enough."
God says: I give you wisdom. (I Corinthians 1:30)
You say: "I feel all alone."
God says: I will never leave you or forsake you. (Hebrews 13:5)
Well, I hope all continues to go your way for you and you have another
fun and happy week even at work.
I love you so much and thank you for everything.
Love Elder Jones
No comments:
Post a Comment