Thursday, July 11, 2013

August 13, 2012

Hey mom,
I have gotten two of your letters from the 12th and 19th and one from skyler. thank you so much i enjoy them so much.

This week was good. O, i ate a chicken foot on saturday... i can see people sell them on the side of the road all the time, i never intended to get any but an investigator gave them to us with some rice of course. it took me a while but i finally maned up and ate it. it was very weird, crunchy. i was gagging at first but had to put up a mental wall. then it wasn't so bad. We will be having a baptism for a woman named Hawa Patricia williams this week. She is so amazing. yesterday in our lesson with her she just bore her testimony for about 15 min straight. it was so awesome to see how much she loves this gospel.

The work is sweet. I love you all.

Hey here is some small pictures.

Me and a Monkey


My first baptism for a boy named Junisa Aruna

Baptism of Ibrahim Sankoh
Me and Elder Barth




Sorry there is so few next time I’ll try for more but I figured it is better than none. Love you all.

Elder Jones

E-mail To Dad

Hey dad.

Man, i thought you had for gotten. haha just kidding. but that is awesome to hear about skyler and scouting. O they days of being a scout. Thanks for all of your efforts in helping me through scouting. It is a good thing mom teaches all of those merit badges to help give us a good boost to start. I love camping. i can't wait to get back home and go camping since i've had some of these experiences that i've had out here it will be fun. I don't get to see a lot of stars out here during this rainy season because of all the clouds. but when the clouds are gone the stars are so pretty out here because there isn't much light pollution. Good luck in High priest. make sure you keep them all awake. How was the setting apart of Brother pettit? That is so cool to hear about him and his happiness that he has found in the gospel. it truly is such a wonderful thing to see the people realize the blessings and greatness of this gospel that it can have in their lives. not much has happened this week. I'll write about it in the family one. I love you and hope all is going well. o ya. good work on the garden. man, i can't wait to have corn from back home. the corn here is good but it is very hard. the corn back home is so soft and juicy. lots of differences in the crops but they both have their pros and cons. I hope the garden continues to go well for you.

I love you and thanks for everything.
Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment