Well, I'll just say that i've gotten lucky at this very moment to even get one page to work for emails because NOTHING else is working. so i'm just praying that this page continues to work.
Well, this week was very well. As I looked back on the week I felt very happy. I am enjoying my new companion and we are doing well together. He is a great guy and very prepared. I don’t feel like I’m training him. He already knows everything and I feel like he is training me. It is pretty sweet. We had a pretty neat experience this last week. We were visiting the family and just trying to see what questions they had or where we could better help them understand when
the youngest boy, John, age 7 raised his hand saying he had a question. He ended up giving a contribution of the Joseph Smith story practically perfect. It was so awesome. At that moment my companion and I look at each other and knew exactly that we are there to teach that family for that little boy. The way that john was contributing to
the lesson and wanted so bad to pray at the end we knew that we had to do all that we can to help the rest of his family feel that Spirit inside them to feel that same happiness that he is feeling. It was a wonderful experience and helped me realize what it means when they say become even as a little child, because they are the ones who don’t have all of those distractions to keep them from feeling the Spirit.
This week has gone by very fast and it is because of the good success that we are having. am so grateful for that all. Yesterday at church was awesome. We had 13 investigators come to church! I was soooo happy and excited. it has been a while since we've had past 4 or 5. All of church felt very nice and the day went well. We had one investigator named Musa Turay interviewed for baptism. He will be baptized on Saturday. I love that Kid. His sister just baptized a couple weeks ago. They are some of my favorite people so far out here. They are great.
HA Ha… I just got Shocked from the computer. I went to plug in the camera and it just has this massive electric shock. Sorry.. once again. No pictures. I’ll have to figure out how to better get some to you.
Hey, the line is going funny so I’ll send this where it is at and try to send more. If this is all you get.
I love you. Love Elder Jones
E-mail To Dad
Wow, it truly is a small world for you to be meeting Pres. Hess' brother with this story. Well, good work with the garden and the apricot tree. I'll be honest. i surely don't miss picking up apricots.
You always seem to have crazy stories from the bus. But i know that you'll be able to follow the spirit in finding something to say and help that man. You are always such a wonderful example of helping people and i thank
you for that example you are to me.
Good to hear about Troy. I'm so excited for him and i know that he will do great with Elder Marcum as his trainer. haha :) Good to hear that he had the great support. He is setting such a great example to all of those young boys that want to be like him. When i stand next to my companion i feel like i'm standing next to Troy because of how tall he is.
This week was really good and i feel happy every time we come in from the day and look back to see what we accomplished. it has been very nice with this new elder and we are enjoying each other.This week i started to wash all of my own clothes because we just fired our wash girl because 1 she's been seeming to slack on some of the big
stains and 2 she's been out of town for the last week or so. So..... I guess how well i'll be able to do and see if i need to fire this wash boy and find a new one by next week. haha. I've always been terrible at doing my laundry even with a machine. I never imagined that i'd have to be doing all of my laundry by hand one day(two years) haha. O well. I
guess it will help me for when i'm up at college so i won't have to spend so many quarters. you know me. i take after you with a clamp on my wallet.
Well, i have to go. o p.s. tell the mathias family that i finally received a letter from Elder Mathias.
I love you so much dad.
Love Elder Jones
No comments:
Post a Comment