Monday, July 15, 2013

July 15, 2013

Well.. Two things... I'm beginning to think that this is all a hoax about the baby. you are just sending me fake pictures.. You've been saying this baby is due for a while and still nothing...... haha just kidding. Well, now that school is over the baby will come real quick. and secondly....

DONT SCARE ME LIKE THAT! This morning I receive a phone call and.. let me start from the beginning. I'm sitting in my room and I just hear Elder Bogh yelling my name in kind of a worry and he comes running into my room holding his phone saying that i have a phone call from Salt Lake City. me... Yeah right, in a confused state wondering why he would think of that as a joke that i'd believe.. then i saw on the phone screen the 801 area code! All Elder bogh said was that somebody was calling from Salt lake and something about relatives... my very first thoughts were. "It wasn't me! I didn't do anything. Why would Salt Lake be calling me!? and then in my mind went the words that he said "Salt Lake" and "Relatives"  O no. What happened. I said hello and then there was a pause because of the distance. The next thing i hear is a Sierra Leone voice asking if i'm the same Elder Spencer Jones that he was looking for... He mentioned that he had been with my parents. At this point there was a million things going through my head between something bad happened to mom and dad were on the other side of the phone... He explained that his father is our land lord and he helped to build the house. He said that he had met you and president and sister roggia. Whew... first worry gone. He then started talking about how he knew it was hard is Salone and he was making sure that I was doing okay. He kept saying that if i needed ANYTHING to let him know and he would call people to come wash clothes make food or anything... I kept telling him that i was doing okay and at this point it just was kind of getting awkward. Well, by the end of it all was well. I don't know if you have his contact info to tell him thanks and that i'm doing well. haha :) But again... Don't scare me with phone calls from such a place as Salt Lake (where every missionary's first thought is something from temple square headquarters.) ha ha. Just thought i'd let you know that people are looking out for me and all is well.

    As for this week, nothing too much happened, just the usual lessons and walking and some small rain. We will be planning a baptism this Saturday for two young woman. One is 16 and is related to almost all of the boys that i've talked about that we've been working with and have been baptized. She is great. Strong testimony and very committed to coming to church and other things which makes things nice. The other is 13, her mother is a member and now she is coming to join her. For a 13 year old here she does very well at understanding and remembering the lessons, and even things that we haven't really taught her but she knows from the bible and other church things that she will apply on her own which is sweet. We'll see what happens for our font on if we will have to draw water by hand or if we can get the pump to work for us this week. 
  
    We have this woman named Yoko that we are working with who can't really read and has a hard time understanding a lot at one time. I feel bad because whenever my companion teaches she doesn't understand anything and I always have to go over it again and really break and simplify things down. It has been harder but she is ready and willing. These last few days we were teaching commandments like the Law of Chastity and Word of Wisdom which was really nice because those were very simple for her to understand and she liked them very much. It helped to take off a little burden of us trying to help her review again later for her to remember. She is doing well and staying committed. I'm excited for her. As long as we can keep on track with her and the Lord will continue to bless her with a remembrance of the teachings then she will be able to baptize at the end of the month. 

  There isn't too much else to share or explain about. Things are good. We are just trying to find more people to teach to keep the work moving along. But things are working out. 

   I love you all tons. I hope you enjoyed meeting and talking more with the Roggia's and with the other missionaries parents. Yes, I know Elder Weller very well. He is the one who me and him know like all the same people up at utah state like Danna, Chloe, Dana, Sarah, and others and he was the one who was cousin Aaron Kunz's lab partner in one class. Elder Richardson came with me to Sierra Leone and so we will come back together. 

Again, Love you tons.
Love Elder Jones
P.S. Am I an uncle yet!? ( this question can go to now both Brooke and Katie) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment