Hey Family!
How was your week. From the sound of it, it sounds like it was a full week. Lots of people dying. Well, i guess just two but still. We found out friday night, for us, about sister Monson. All of us immediatly said it is a good thing that as the prophet Pres. Monson probably understands the plan of salvation the best of all and is also probably spiritual enough to just talk to his wife on the other side anyway. :)
I'm glad to hear about granny Mabbutt. It has been a while that we've been expecting her to move on and now it is good that she has finally done so, so that she can have peace and rest. Well, with that... Things don't look too positive for Grandma Helen. Looks like she has Six to Eight years to live from the time Skyler goes on mission and comes home. Then all three of us will have taken somebody out.
Well, this week was good. It was pretty crazy as we had a bunch of exchanges this week and I did all of them in my own area. It was almost everyday that i was taking somebody new to the area and all the investigators that we kept seeing were just very confused at why I kept bringing new people but that they would go and I would stay to bring a new person.
We had a very successful week. I was very bummed yesterday. we were supposed to watch two sessions of conference at church but we still don't have light and the generator isn't working at the church so we couldn't watch. The other Elders that got to watch at their branches said that it was way sweet. . . O well, i guess i'll get to read it in time. and when i get home i'll just be able to watch it online so no problem.
I've got some very good news..... We have found the theif and I have been given my money back! :) It was soo nice, we went out to the town to go and buy some nice treats and food so that i could really fill my belly. It has been looking more toward empty for the last two weeks because you know me.. I don't like to spend my own money. People were starting to notice that I was slimming down but now I don't have to worry about that and so all is well. You want to know how we got the money?. . . Here it is.
It was saturday morning and we had just finished our studies and about to head out for the day. Behind our wardrobe mice always hide but for the last few days they have been making a lot of sqeaking compared to normal. So, I told my companion we should just move the wardrobe and kill them so they will stop their whole Law of Chastity breaking in our room. I knew they were doing some baby making with all of that noise. So, we reluctantly started to move the wardrobe and the mice started running. We kept trying to stop them but then it got away. We were about to put it back but my companion saw a bill on the ground. he reached under and got it. I also saw one and we started to pull out the wardrobe even farther. slowly, inch by inch we start seeing money and money and money and a family of baby mice! looking at it we could see that it was all of my subsistance and all of our phone money that had been stolen. Close to 600 thousand Leones!! We realized what had happened from there. The little boys had come into the house, into the room, into my suitcase, took out the money ( like he said) showed the others at the window and then went to put it back ( Like he said) but, if he had put it back in the same place there was no way the mice could have gotten to it which means he probably just set it on the top of the suit case or on the ground and the mice were able to easily take it all from there. We were soooo amazed. Not to sound too crazy but we think Heavenly Father helped those mice because for them to take all of that money in just some hours on the same day that the boys broke in because without that we would have never known
that they broke in. We also think that the one boy who cut his eye was from Heavenly Father as well so we could get the story easier. But from this point we felt sooo bad about the boys because we know that they got beat super bad for the last while. So we went and bought some treats for them and took them over to tell the whole family that the money was found and it wasn't the boys. But all man agreed that they learned a very valuable lesson about not to enter somebodies house. We know that they will never do that again which is good. So lots of happiness on both sides. Crazy Eh.
Another crazy story... Well, it was thursday. My companion and I were out. we had just had this way sweet lesson and we were heading to another. My companion could feel his stomach turning. We had started our next lesson and just a few min into it my companion shouts, David, can i use your toilet!? I was super shocked and then started laughing because my companion continued with the lesson and then just ended it and was having the guy pray. We went down to a members house just near by so he could go use their squatty potty. (Porta potty with out a toilet. Just a whole in the ground) we went to our next lesson and all was fine. Literally about two min into this lesson all of a sudden i feel a massive pain in my stomach and realize i'm about to lose my whole stomach into my pants. I closed that lesson and we started to jet. we didn't want to go back to that members who we were just at and so we continued. we didn't have any members for a while and by this point we were about 3/4ths the way home and i'd almost lost it three
or four times. At this point i was just looking for anywhere to go. we were now close to a members house and we walked as fast as we could. luckily he was outside and i asked him if i could use his toilet. at first he was like ya. and then he took a second look at me and i think he must have seen a sign that said HURRY I'M ABOUT TO LOSE EVERYTHING!!!! he quickly snapped to it to gather all necessary items need and rushed me out to his squatty potty. It is quite difficult to
crouch and keep yourself up and not to dirty the pants. haha. Well, all went well.
Well, my time is coming to an end. we are tying to send some pictures but something crazy is going on and so we have been trying to fix it so my time is done now.
Hopefully next week it will all work.
I love you all very much!
Love Elder Jones
E-mail to Dad:
Hey Dad!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I love you tons. Thank you thank you thank you for all of what you have done for me throughout my life and especially for the things you have taught me. Thank you for all of the encouraging words while i've been out here on mission. They have done so much for me. I love you so much. I hope you have a fantastic day!
I'm glad that you had fun at fathers and sons. I have always loved that place.
You said that you were re-thinking about your own funeral service... Umm... dad... i hope you arn't thinking about that too much. you're not that old!.
things have been going well this week. As for the lady and the girl with the broken leg we were able to have another lesson with her that went very well, we haven't been able to teach with the husband as he is always gone working and never around except late at night and early morning. We'll have to figure something out and continue to try.
Well, I have to go. I love you so much
Happy Birthday!
Love Elder Jones
Photo's from Mission Blog Posted May 12, 2013
No comments:
Post a Comment