Thursday, July 11, 2013

October 1, 2012

Hey mom and family.

Well, greetings from Messima, BO. The new area is good. I still haven’t figured out the whole area yet and only know a couple of our investigators so far. But, that all just comes with time. My new companion is Elder Opuene. He is from Nigeria. He has been on mission for just over 18 months. I am excited for the change and am looking forward to learning new things and a new area. It is very, very weird.
with Elder Opuene


After I finish emailing here I am going to be going to a supermarket!!!! What!!! No, it won’t be as good as our grocery stores at home, but, it will be very similar and I’ll see a lot of new things that I haven’t been able to get in a long while. But, I’m sure they will be very expensive and so I still won’t be able to get them. My new apartment isn’t too bad. It was supposed to have government power and light but it went out the day before we came and hasn’t come back yet. So, still no electricity but that’s not too bad. It is a little darker than my last apartment so studies in the morning are a little harder, but I’ll get used to it no problem.

Mom, I know you’re asking for a Christmas list. So…As for Christmas list… I said some stuff last time but don’t remember much. So here are a few things . . . a jump rope, peanut butter, oreos, chocolate pudding, mountain house meals, snickers and Twix bars, Granola Bars the cashew kind. O, a can of cashews would be nice as well as peanut m&m’s. Stamps for letters 

I don’t know what else much to say since there hasn’t really happened much here. I’m doing good and enjoying. I’m Looking forward to this new area and experiences that I will have here. I’ll try to keep you as up to date as possible.


Thank you for everything. I love you all


Love Elder Jones

E-mail To Dad

Hey dad,

How is everything going? How is work and all things? That is cool that you got to see a bunch of pictures of BO. It is pretty sweet out here. My new area is called Messima. It is pretty good so far. I don't know much of it yet and only know a couple of our investigators so far. But, that all just comes with time. My new companion is Elder Opuene. He is from Nigeria. He has been on mission for just over 18months. You can tell that he is getting a little trunky and it looks like it might be a little rough trying to get him to keep to the rules and things like that. But I will do my very best and be the best example that I can be to him and to me area.


I like the story of the Brigham Young conversion. It is so true that that is all it takes most of the time is just a simple heartfelt and true testimony of the gospel to have somebody feel of the spirit and find the truth for themselves. It is something that is good to remember out here that I don't have to be profound or know all these crazy things. I just have to bear my humble testimony so they can understand and then, they can feel the spirit which does the real conversion process. I'm glad that my letters have been able to help in teaching, especially with the youth. I hope it made a good impact on them and helped to strengthen them.


Wow. I love Brother Caldwell. I hope his letter comes so that I can have his address. I love that man so much. Don't worry, I'm trying to answer more of mom's questions now. And I'll have more time to write letters as well in this new area so I can do it through email and letter.


As for Christmas list. I said some stuff last time but don't remember much. So here is a little. . . a jump rope, peanut butter, oreos, chocolate pudding, mountain house meals, snickers and twix bars, Granola Bars the cashew kind. O, a can of cashews would be nice as well as peanut m&ms.


Well, that is all for now. I'll let you know more next time for what I can. I love you tons Love Elder Jones and yes, i'm very jealous that you got to go to Desert Star playhouse. I'm glad you enjoyed.

Photo's posted on blog October 1, 2012




No comments:

Post a Comment