Hey Mom,
How is everything going? I hope all is going well. I hope that this New Year has been one of joys and happiness. This year hasnt been too bad for me. Things are going okay out here. Im excited to be able to continue and spend a WHOLE year here. Wow, time goes by fast. It doesnt feel like Ive been out here for nine and a half months. Does it feel like Ive been out here this long for you guys back home? Is it going quick or slow. All I know is that the time is running. Things just happen and it is crazy to look back and see all what has happened. Wow.
Well, Im glad to hear that Keigunn is at the house. That is rough about the stuff he has to do and go through. But... there isnt much else. I hope that he can keep clean from here on out and that he is able to have success and see that he is a son of God and that he can work toward being what God expects him to be. Give my love to him and the family.
Dad told me about Braedon getting his call. And Logan almost getting his, (His Tie is Off the Hook) (He was walking off the Chalk Board!!) It is so crazy and awesome to see all of us getting spread around the world to deliver this wonderful message of our Loving Father in Heaven and our merciful Savior. As for the area, things were okay this week.
Nothing too big happened. We had a zone meeting out in Kenema, we had to fit all eight of our district into a small taxi and take an hour plus drive there. The drive is sooo pretty. It is all just complete bush and trees but is was very pretty. I wasnt able to reach my camera or else I would have taken pictures and on the way back the windows in the taxi had things on them so you couldnt really see out... hopefully Ill get to take the trip again sometime so that I can get some pictures to show you some of the land.
The pictures attached are of a small service we were doing for our recent convert. We were working in his swamp digging heaps so that he could plant new crops since he just harvested all of his rice. Ill be honest. The water that you can see was probably pretty questionable as we were digging through the mud. But, I havent had any side effects.. yet. Ha ha.
After we were done they gave us some rice and a soup with beef they call anything that isnt chicken or fish beef I came to find out that it was squirrel... once I found out I didnt eat anymore. Haha.
Well, that was basically all that had happened this week. We are planning a baptism for two candidates this Saturday. So, I hope all goes well. Ill let you know next week.
Thank you so much for everything you do. I love you so much.
Love your son,
Elder Jones
Email To Dad:
Hey Dad!
Well, once again I wish you a Happy New Year! I hope things are going good and that you are able to keep up with the new goals you've set and the work... at work.
Sorry to say, but nothing much happened this week for me either. I was hoping your guys' emails would have something more for me to talk about.
Haha. Man! That is so awesome for Braedon! Tell him congrats for me. Tell him sorry for the long wait. I know how he feels. Ha ha. And WOW, Addison AND Will!? That is weird. Well, I wish them the best of luck. I still remember Will and his dad coming all the time as home teachers. Good times. AAAAHHHH I am so excited for the Logster. (His Tie
is Off the Hook) (He was walking off the Chalk Board!!) That makes me so happy. I'll be looking WAKE UP forward to that news. sorry, I just had to make sure the High Priest-itus wasn't kicking in.
As for the area, things are going okay. Nothing too big has happened. We have one investigator, Alie, that is good but the problem is that his brother and mother don't want him to convert from Muslim and so they are making it very difficult for him. We are continuing to work with him and just praying that his families hearts will be softened so that he can choose his own path and own salvation. We were also able to get a sweet referral from some members about a nice young boy, Abduli, he is 14 but is really good with the message and is already strong at keeping his commitments which is sweet. Other than that nothing else much really happened.
Thank you for all the wonderful things you do. I hope that all things are going well for you at work and for the family at home and that this New Year is bringing in new joys.
I love you tons.
Love, your son
Elder Jones
No comments:
Post a Comment