Conference was Awesome! We got to watch Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon. Those were some very good talks. Holy cow! Elder Perry is 90?? He truly is the most fit 90 yr old I’ve ever seen. I remember when he came for stake conference and was basically bounding across the stage to greet people. All of us missionaries were able to say the same when he was talking about sleeping under a net and missing all those wonderful home cooked meals and love. thank you mom for all of the wonderful things you gave and cooked for me!
I loved Elder Holland’s talk about the disciples and Christ asking Peter if he loves Him and to feed his sheep. That was soooo powerful. I also took to heart the talk from Scott D. Whiting about temples. I miss the temple. Just even getting to see one would be so nice. I guess I just have to find those who are ready to receive the message and be fully converted so that we can get a temple here much faster... But I also to heart as he compared it to our body is a temple. I’ll be honest. I’m getting fat... All I do is eat big plates of rice and lots of bread with very little exercise since there are many things to do to get ready in the morning. I’m getting rice cheeks and a rice belly. But don’t worry. I promise that I won’t have them when I come back!! I’m done with them. Ha-ha
Well, I hit a big milestone yesterday. I was able to finish my very first journal on mission (and life). It felt soo good to know that I’ll be able to look back in a long time and have some memories from this place. I’m excited to start my new journal and continue the memories and spiritual experiences. I know that you, mom and dad, were very adamant that I wrote in my journal. I’m glad to say that I’ve been trying to keep that. But I’ll make sure that I do even better from here on out.
On Saturday we had a baptism for Brother Bobor Alpha and Ibrahim Denby. They are great guys. I don’t know if you remember one man i would talk about a while ago named Brother Obai Kamara, the man that lost his wife and then still baptized. Well, Brother Alpha reminds me a lot of him. Older, very little in life yet he knows where his trust and faith need to be and he is very committed to it. I’m excited for him to continue, he will do great things. I love being able to baptize people, it is always funny when they are scared of the water even though it is only a few feet deep they still freak out. It was funny. We had to do Ibrahim’s baptism a few times to make sure he wasn’t throwing some limb out of the water in panic. Haha. Some of these people remind me of swim lessons when we had to go and throw the kids off the diving board just so they would do a ‘’Dive’’ haha. We will be having another baptism on Saturday. This one will be for 3 children ages 9 10 and 12 and then one boy at 18. It will be sweet. I’m also very excited for them as well.
Dad told me that Davis is doing Phantom of the Opera. I am so jealous that they are doing Phantom of the Opera. I truly wanted to do that, that would have been so awesome. Yes, it will be very hard for them but Andra will be able to pull it off. I was singing phantom the other day. It is a very nice one.
That is just crazy; it will be weird when Skyler is too. but exciting at the same time. All this young age on mission is pretty crazy as well. Elder Fry sent me a letter saying that his brother will be putting in his papers real soon due to the age. It is so odd to think off all these people will be out in the field.
Alright. well, my time is up. Sorry it isn't too long.
Things are going good. The companion ship is coming together and all is going much better that what it has been. Thank you for the prayers.
I love you so much. tell all the family Hello AND....... Happy Birthday!!!!! I love you sooo much. Thank you again for all of the wonderful meals and small and big things you did and do for me.
Love you!
Love Elder Jones
E-mail To Dad:
Hey Dad,
Well I just want to first say that that is awesome about the mission books and records. That is way awesome. Just goes to show how important it is to keep records, especially in the church.
WHAT!!! Shawn is passing the sacrament!? That is just crazy; it will be weird when Skyler is too. All this young age on mission is pretty crazy as well. Elder Fry sent me a letter saying that his brother will be putting in his papers real soon due to the age. It is so odd to think off all these people will be out in the field. I am so excited for Tyson to finally be getting out. I’m sure he is dying being there basically on his own since the rest of us have left . . . wow; we have a lot of missionaries out right now. We haven’t had this many in a long time. That is very good.
This week was much better. I don’t know what it was, but something finally clicked in the companionship. It happened on Thursday and it was awesome. The day just felt so much better and free. Since things have gone well. Yesterday the transfer ended but we still haven’t gotten transfer news. So, if he stays then I hope that we can keep up the good feelings in the companion ship. If he or I go, well at least it ended on a high note. I am just grateful that all the efforts finally came through. It feels much better.
I am so jealous that they are doing Phantom of the Opera!!! I truly wanted to do that, that would have been so awesome. Yes, it will be very hard for them but Andra will be able to pull it off. I was singing phantom the other day. It is a very nice one.
On Saturday we had a baptism for Brother Bobor Alpha and Ibrahim Denby. They are great guys. I don’t know if you remember one man i would talk about a while ago named Brother Obai Kamara, the man that lost his wife and then still baptized. Well, Brother Alpha reminds me a lot of him. Older, very little in life yet he knows where his trust and faith need to be and he is very committed to it. I’m excited for him to continue, he will do great things. I love being able to baptize people, it is always funny when they are scared of the water even though it is only a few feet deep they still freak out. It was funny. We had to do Ibrahim’s baptism a few times to make sure he wasn’t throwing some limb out of the water in panic. Haha. Some of these people remind me of swim lessons when we had to go and throw the kids off the diving board just so they would do a ‘’Dive’’ haha. We will be having another baptism on Saturday. This one will be for 3 children ages 9 10 and 12 and then one boy at 18. It will be sweet. I’m also very excited for them as well.
Well, My time is up. thanks for the updates. Tell Tyson good luck for me.
Thanks for all of your prayers and advice.
Love you much,
Love Elder Jones
No comments:
Post a Comment