Friday, July 12, 2013

March 25, 2013

Wowie Wow! Can you believe that I've been out here for one year’s time? It just goes too fast. I don't feel like I've been out here for that long. I'm hoping that time will slow down a little for me so that I feel like I have sufficient time to do all the work that I'm supposed to.
     
 The area is going good. This week was a little crazy. We weren’t able to get out a whole lot due to  some things the mission was trying to do to help fix up our apartment a little bit, like fix some leaks and other things. Elder McDonald and I had to stay at the apartment while they worked and we had to go back during part of two days and then there were other activities that pulled a lot of time. But, even with the shortage of time we still were able to get some good work done. We got some good referrals from some of the members. We have some investigators that we call “The Boys” because there are like eight guys or so that we are teaching that are friends with these two recent converts. They are way sweet. It is a little hard to try and see them all at the same time but we are doing our best and they are trying too. Most of them came to church yesterday which was way sweet and you could see the happiness on their faces as they were all there together.  

We had another referral come from this place called Gbanja town. Elder McDonald and I went to that area just the other day since he had never gone there either so we could see what we might be able to do in the area… well, there wasn’t much but just one dirt road and some small small houses.. As we just kept walking and walking we realized our scenery had totally changed and that we were now on our way out to the village which was just a few miles back into the bush… We stopped and turned around…maybe one p-day we’ll have to goexploring and visit the village to see the place. Haha :)
    
Well, I’ve tried to attach a video log that I took on my one year mark. It is kind of Cheesy … But I’m sure you’ll like it.
     
 I'm very sorry... I've tried and tried attaching the video but it needs a program on the computer to read it and it doesn't have it.. I'll try to figure it out and send it some other time.. Again, very sorry. I was hoping it would send!
      
Well, I have to get going. I love you all tons. I hope you have a wonderful Easter and feelings of love that the Savior has for you as we remember his suffering for us, death on the cross for us, and resurrection for us. I truly love this season and time to remember More of Christ and his Atonement for me to make the way possible for me to make it back to live with My Heavenly Father again.  I love this gospel and the opportunity I have to be here in this wonderful land with these wonderful people. Sorry to say it mom, but I don't want to come home. I love it out here and this is where I belong. I belong out here sharing the message of the Love Of God for all man.
    
I love you all very much and hope you have a wonderful week.
Love Elder Jones

E-mail To Dad:

 Hey Dad,

Well, I still say it.. YES, I want a (real) hot dog! you can't get a real nice one here.. just some dinky ones that we put in between our... bread. I don't know how to explain the bread.. but it isn't too bad. I'll enjoy a real one with you when i get home. and at this rate.. that won't be too long. wow.
  
Is conference this weekend? wow. I wish o how i wish i could be there to see conference and not have to wait for over a month or two to only read it... Make sure you get tickets for when i return home since it will be right there at the same time. :) But at least i feel a little better now that i'm not the only one rejected something so desired.. just waiting on
skyler to join the club...
 
 I like the talk you mentioned by Brother Bell. Love Loyalty and Look for Good. It is so true. Especially out here. The more that I have a Loyalty to my Heavenly Father, the more Love I will have for these people and companions, and be able to look for the Good in all situations even when they are difficult. That makes me think of the word JOY, Jesus, Others, Yourself. when we put things in the correct order according to God then things will work out so much better.
  
This week was good. I'm looking forward to this new week where we should have some more time to spend out talking and teaching learning the area and finding people to help them learn of this restored gospel that will bless their lives.
 
 Well, i spent most of my time trying to find out how to load that video to you guys but it didn't work. So, maybe another time you'll get more.
 
 I love you tons dad. Hope all things are going well.

Love your son,
Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment