Dear Mom,
Boy, o boy have I been craving some nice home cooking this last week. But, that is not going to happen. Darn. I got your letter about Keigunn probably going to jail for 10+ days. That is rough. Tell the Kunz’s that he is in my prayers. I hope that all starts to work out better for him and them.
O while it is on my mind. I don’t know if you have sent the package yet, but if not, could you include some triple A batteries. And I’ve been thinking about it for a very long time to ask for a step counter. I’m not for sure if I want one for me to see how far I’m actually walking everyday but at the same time I do… So, I have no idea on that. Maybe if you can find a cheap one it could work.
Things are going ok out here. The companion ship is a little rough but I’m working on it. My companion is very ready to go, and to himself but I’m trying. The area is doing ok. We are supposed to have a baptism for two men this Saturday.
Ha-ha. I just laughed when I heard that Elder Mathias just got two people to say yes to a baptism date when for us we give a date on the very first time we meet the person and they will all basically commit. It is such a difference in the work from here to there but yet it is the exact same work. It is amazing and so wonderful that we can be doing it is such different parts of the world.
The weather is getting hot. I’m sweating like crazy ALL the time. I’m glad that you enjoyed that letter that I sent you. Make sure you keep it. I lost my translation of the song that I had on another piece of paper, so make sure you keep it safe because it is truly about you! I sent Grandma a happy birthday email. You will have to tell uncle Merrill happy birthday for me as well.
Sierra Leone is going to be having their elections on the 17th. Things are already getting a little “exciting” From what we have been told is that we will all have to stay inside on election day incase anything happens. They have been having a bunch of Rally’s for the two sides here lately. One group is the SLPP and the other is APC. One is having a rally today in town where we had to come to email. It is a little crazy out there but it looks like everything will be alright. We aren’t too worried.
Well, I am so very glad that the internet decided to work for me for this last little bit of time. I sat here waiting for about 35 min just waiting for my emails to open so i could send and receive. So, my time is short, once again.
I love you so much!
Love your son,
Elder Jones
Email To Dad:
No worries about running late. It is ok. I was just glad that the internet finally started working well enough for me that i could receive it. This week has been a little better for the companion ship and I'm still working on it and will continue to do so as much as i can. I know that i just need patience and things will work their way out for the better.
Wow, i saw a small clip while i was at the bank this morning that SF swept Detroit. that is crazy. did you predict that one? Sierra Leone is having their elections this month. Things are starting to get "exciting" for the people and the rally's are starting. We will be staying in on election day. They have told us to prepare things just in case things get out of hand and we get stuck inside for a little longer. I don't think it will get out of hand, it seems that they have had a pretty good control over the whole thing. But pray for Sierra Leone to have good elections just in case.
We will be having a baptism for two men this saturday. i'm so excited. It has been a while since we've had one and these two are very committed and know of the truth. They will be great. We also will get to watch a session of conference on sunday. I'm very excited for that. I Can't wait till they send us our copy of the Liahona to read.
Well, that is all of my time. I love you so much and will be trying my best. Thank you for the advice and love.
Love, your son.
Elder Jones
No comments:
Post a Comment