Thursday, July 11, 2013

October 15, 2012

Hello Everyone, Mark got after Spencer, Elder Jones for not answering some of my questions a mama needs to know what is going on with her children even if they are on the Lords time. So Here are the questions and he gave the answers so now we all have a little idea of what it is like on the mission.
1} Spencer took a few piano lessons before he left to help in a pinch he has mentioned the music here and there and I was wondering if he was improving his skills and who was playing the piano and if the African Elders played or was it just the Americans...
2}The Laundry boy is Spencer
3 & 4}On the blog I noticed that Elder Jones had a cell phone that really surprised me and wanted to know how many people had cell phones and said there is cell service but no water.
5} I wanted to know what the people do for jobs to support there families.
6} I will be sending him Elder Mathias pouch address...
7} I send Elder Jones a letter in the pouch every week.

Alright, Well I'm not for sure if some of my emails haven't gone through to you but I thought i've been answering at least some questions here and there. So, for your last batch of questions.

1. In my last apartment i was able to play the keyboard here a little and there a little when we had a few min extra and we had the generator on. I've seen both American and African Elders play the piano. Right now i don't have any chance because we don't have a keyboard at our house or i think even at the church.

2. the laundry boy was actually not doing too bad and had mostly clean clothes haha. But, since coming out here to Messima, we have a new wash boy who does really really well. So, i think i'll stick with the new one for a while.

3. Cell phone - No, everybody doesn't have a cell phone. But it is really nice when you can get the investigators who do have one. The cell phone goes by credit. Pay as you Go Phone. So, basically nobody has lots of credit so they just ''flash'' people (give a quick ring and hang up before you can answer so it doesn't use credit) and then want them to call back. haha. But that is ok for us because they gives us money for credit.

4. Water- Well, you can always get water from a stream or well, so everybody always has water, just not very clean water compared to ours. The hard part is getting it that is clean enough for us elders. But we have a well in our yard here so it is no problem.

5.Jobs- Most people just have their own little store that they sell small items from like biscuts, washing soap, drinks, bread, and other things... or they have a job doing transportation like the bike or poda drivers. many people build the brick houses, or tailors, or welders... In reality there aren't a whole lot of variety but yet there are still many things. But mostly it is just selling things from their shops..

6.I wrote Adam not too long ago so well just see if it gets to him and back. Does his mission have pouch service. I think i heard somewhere that it does. If it does that will make things much much easier..

7.It will take longer for me to receive mail while i'm out here in Bo because we have to wait for somebody from town to come out here to bring the mail and that doesn't happen too often other than about once a month.

I think that was all your questions from the letters i recently received. Well, i'm trying to upload some photos but it doesn't look like this computer can recognize the camera. Maybe next week. The internet service out here in Bo is MUCH better and the shops are much nicer as well.

The area is starting to come a long. We had a baptism for a young man named Mohamed Gbangba. Over the next few weeks it doesn't look like we will have any since the investigator pool was kind of suffering when i came. But it is starting to get back up there and we are getting some investigators who are more serious. One man named Brother Alpha is great. I am so excited for this man. He knows that it is true and is committed till the very end. He reads and re-reads every assignment i give him and takes notes. He is good. I'll keep you posted more on him through the time.

My studies today was on Matt 13 and all the parables that Christ gives. I truly loved the one about the Treasure in the Land and how the man finds the treasure and quickly goes to sell all he has so that he can purchase the land and have the treasure. The treasure and land is the gospel and I am really going to try over the next little bit to help my investigators find that treasure and have a desire to sell all they have just to have it. I want all to think about yourselves and that even though we have the truth and the knowledge and are a part of that land. What can we find even deeper in the land that we haven't been able to discover yet. and What can you do to give up the things that will help you to find and purchase that new treasure, even hidden treasures. That is my small thought. 

I love you all so much!!!

Love Elder Jones

ps. mom i am sending a letter to a friend to the house because the address that i have for them probably won't make it to them. So if you could look up their address in my old school planner and send it to their house. Thank you.
Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment