Hello again family,
Well, the weeks are just flying by out here. I don’t even know what to talk about because I feel like I was just writing a letter to you all. First off, Adama was baptized on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday. It went great. She is still very pregnant and the baby is going crazy in there. The other day we were having a lesson with her just preparing her for the baptism and you could see the baby punching and kicking the stomach left and right. It was crazy!
So, last week, after we had emailed and gone shopping and stuff, we were heading back to our area, we were on bike and going down old dirt Jui road. This road is where they need to bring new cars to test them for their shocks instead of making some false road in the factory and saying that every car is amazing. This road is sooo bumpy and terrible that if any car and go smoothly over this road I would buy it in a heart beat. Ha ha. Anyway, we were going down the road and my bike rider was going kinda fast and I was just bouncing all over the place. In my head I thought of MASH “ And there goes Bouncing Betty!” haha I laughed thinking of it and how much we loved watching that one.
On Tuesday, we had our district meeting. The topic was “Real Missionaries” we talked About our purpose and staying focused and re committing our selves to be a real missionary because this work is so precious and the time just flys by. I’m already on week 8 in training. Wow. Later that day we were out going to an investigators house and we stopped by this rice shop to eat. The lady gave us chicken this time to eat instead of fish which was nice except I don’t think the chicken was cooked all the way. It was super chewy. So I didn’t eat it, I just fed it to the chickens that were around. But everybody here eats the bones. The end of the bone is soft and then you can suck the marrow out. I hadn’t yet but my companion made me this time. I it was weird. I would have never thought to eat the bone back home but that is just what you do out here… you should try it sometime.. haha
Ah, this week was great. We have been trying to go and contact mayame and the Lord just keeps blessing us with all these people in these other areas as well which has been really nice to spread our days around. We were really blessed this week because we have been trying really hard to get members to come with us to our lessons but they don’t. This week we were able to get them to come almost everyday. It was sweet. It truly does help so much. I wish I had tried to do more with the missionaries back home.
That is great to hear about Tiffs wedding. I’m so happy for them. But mom, really…. I’m a missionary, I don’t want to be hearing about things that you are hiding in their car to embarrass them. That’s disgusting. Haha J How is kaylinn doing with her new married life?
Well, our land lord is out of town again so we haven’t had any water. So we went to go fetch some water from one of the wells down the way. It is crazy. You toss a bucket tied to a string 30 feet down, and pull it back up to fill your barrel. Lots of work, but we need that precious water. It has been kind of hard this week for lacking things like water and for teaching we haven’t had any books of mormon or any of the pamphlets to give out and help teach. We will finally be getting more to day which is nice and will help with the work a lot.
The only thing else that i can think of to send is my headlight got broken, so if you could, i'd like a new one. and stamps so that i can send letters. other than that i think i'm ok. and remember, you can use my account to get things and send it no worries.
Well, the work is sweet! I love it out here I'm so blessed to be here with these wonderful people. I love you all and hope you are all doing well. Thanks for the updates. I'll try to write down more good stories for next time.
I love you all!
Love Elder Jones
No comments:
Post a Comment