Friday, July 12, 2013

June 17, 2013

 Hey Family,
Well, my new companion has arrived. He came Thursday afternoon. He is from South Africa. His name is Elder Ntozakhe.... Just like it sounds... Ya try that five times fast. or even once. I feel bad because i still have a little trouble with it but not as bad as when investigators or members try it. Boy o boy do they butcher it. I told him that he would never hear his name for two years as even most of us missionaries don't hear our name properly while we are here. Yes, they sometimes even struggle with Jones. But compared to his.... Not at all! haha

He is a good guy. He is 26 years old. It will be good as he is ready to do the work. You can tell he is still a little stressed from the change in culture and food and language. From the last time that I was training Elder Nwosu it wasn't hard for him to pick up the Krio because they speak Pigeon in Nigeria. But for Elder Ntozakhe he is having a very hard time. But, I know the shoes that he is in as i was there before. We will work through things and all will be okay.

I'm very glad that you were able to go and see Elder Barth. He is an awesome guy. We sure had a lot of fun together and he was a wonderful example to me. I can't wait to get home and listen to all these guys talks. Yes, i'm a peanut butter nazi. And PROUD of it. Everything else i'm good at sharing... gotta have my peanut butter. :)

On saturday we had a nice baptism for three wonderful people. Tenneyson Philip Conteh (39), Momodu Wusay (21), and Abass Mansaray (13).  They are all great guys. Tennyson was a struggle to get him to meet up with his baptism. Not because he was doubting but because his and our schedules never could meet up. His very first baptismal date was early last month. Even coming up on this date it didn't look like we could meet up. But when I found out that i was training I knew that we only had a few days left to finish everything with him because when my companion came we would have extra studies that we have to do and would officially never meet up with him. So we barely managed to see him just enough to make sure we got the basics and all that was necessary. He is a very smart man and super strong in the  church already. even with the hardship of us not seeing him he still would come to church all the time whenever he was available. He has a very strong testimony and has already got two new people for us to teach which is sweet!
Momodu was one of the boys that we have been teaching them all in a group. He is very small and has a health condition. everybody calls him M.O.G (man of God) as he loves God. he is way sweet. Very excited and will be amazing.
Abass has been taught by missionaries for a long time but never really went anywhere. His uncle is a strong member and came to us to have us teach him again. Well, this time around things clicked for him and he was desirous to come into the fold. We tried to have his uncle baptize him. He tried many times but couldn't quite get everything right with the words and getting him to go all the way under the water. We felt very bad but were able to get all things okay for him and he is doing better now. 

They are all sweet guys. I'm excited for them.

Yesterday my companion and i got our first FM (food) for my companion. as we were eating it i didn't think anything of it and i asked my companion how he was handling it. He said he felt like he was a dragon! Huh? ooooookay.... was my response. Here they like to add hot peppers to the food. as for me. I like it. for him. he isn't used to it and was dying. We'll see how the rest of the meals go for him :) 

Well, for this week. that is about it. Things are going good. I'm excited. Here are a few pictures. of my companion and I and from the baptism. I hope you get them. 

I love you tons. DJ and Katie. Good luck. I love you both and know that our Heavenly Father will be there to help you both on your new wonderful journey together. 

Dad, happy fathers day!!!!!! I love you tons.
Love you all
Love Elder Jones




E-mail to Dad:

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!
Sorry, it is one day late. But, I love you!

Thank you for all of the examples you have set for me, the love the care the support and everything. There isn't enough space on this page for me to give enough thanks. I'm glad to hear that you got to talk to Elder Barth and that he had some words to make you (my pappa) proud. Just so you know. I'm always proud of you and appreciate you. ( Don't start crying) ( great, now your crying)

Every week. I always look forward to getting news from you and it always makes me so happy. you just reminded me that i've been lacking on my journal. I'll make sure i get to that. 

This week has been good. and time is just flying. I can't believe that this is my second father's day that i'm missing. wow. time here is quick.
Well, as time goes so quick my time is short. I love you so so much. Thanks again for everything!
Love, Your proud son (the peanut butter loving Nazi) (I got the peanut butter loving from you you know)

Elder spencer MARK Jones :)

No comments:

Post a Comment