Friday, July 12, 2013

April 22, 2013

Dear Family,

Hey, I hope you are all having a good week. I am doing much better with my health and haven’t had any other issues. That was just some weird thing that is gone.


Not too much happened this week but I’ll try to get something good for you all. I’m glad that you enjoyed the Hallmark movie as usual. They are always a good one.


Good news. We just got our generator fixed which means we can have some more light. We have been without light for the last… about two weeks plus small. No prob. But they have had more national power coming as light but there is something wrong with the connection in our area and so the current that we get is too weak. Let’s just say that using a candle is brighter than the current that we have. Hopefully they can do something to fix that soon so we don’t always have to keep using our gen.  You know… Things really aren’t that bad by candle light. It works quite well. Yes, it is always more convenient with real light but in the end… it isn’t that bad.


On Friday we went to go and help some of the other elders fill the font for the baptism that they were having. We didn’t have a baptism this week but we went to help because we know they will help us when we need to fill it. When we got to the district center the generator wasn’t working.. Of Course! So…We all had to go out to the well on the side of the church and start pumping water and carrying it by individual buckets. I carried water on my head for about two hours. My head hurt really badly because of the small poky thing on the bottom of buckets that was smashing into my head while carrying it. My arms were tired, my head hurt, my back, all things. But in the end we did a great work for a great purpose and because I was so tired I got a full night’s sleep which was nice.


We have one investigator named Peter Margai. He is in his late twenties. We have been having some difficulties with him because all he does is talk talk talk talk talk talk! He likes the message but we just can’t give him enough of the message to really do anything because when we ask him a question he just goes off forever and gets on topics that we don’t even know how he gets there.  Like the other day we asked a question about the lesson and about 10 min later he was talking about the American Indians in Arizona doing a Rain Dance… No idea. So this last time we went we just decided to listen to him to see what might really come out and what we can take from it to help him focus on what we want to tell him… We started. And as we asked a question he started in. 15, 20, 35, 45, 50 min before we stopped him because we had to go to the next appointment. Yes, he talked the entire time and about what… we really couldn’t keep up. That guy can TALK! We are still trying to figure out what to do because even when we tell him to stop he will for some small time and then continue. It is kind of funny. I think he can out talk anybody.


Transfers ended this Sunday but no news came. Last week all of Freetown got their news but nobody here in Bo or Kenema has received any news. They say that it will come this weekend. Basically that means that nobody is changing except a few people here in Bo which is sweet. I’m glad that my companion isn’t going. We are having a good time together and doing well. I think we will have this transfer before he goes which is what is expected.


As for everything else, all is going good. Nothing to worry about, I’m just looking forward to continuing to have good experiences and see this gospel bless people’s lives. O, speaking of that. We have this one boy, Edmond, he is 21 and wow o wow is he converted to this gospel. It is so sweet. We have had some amazing lessons with him and you can see the changes in his life and how happy he is. Just yesterday he was saying how he had just picked up his book of mormon and somehow he got to alma where it talks about Korihor. He started telling us the whole story and how excited he was to read it and find out what happened. It was awesome. Great kid. There will probably be more about him later.


Well, that is all. OOOO yes, the important part! They have told us to start planning for our Mother’s Day Calls. Wow that came quick. So, I’m assuming that you’ll be calling again but let me know if anything changes or whatnot.
I love you tons.

Love Elder Jones

E-mail To Dad:

Hey dad,

I'm glad to have got your letter. It was a good thing that we came into the cafe late today. I'm glad to hear that all went well with the ward clean up. I'm glad to hear that Kathy is doing well. Greet her for me. I'm jealous that you got to watch the hallmark. I love those. It is always a good thing that brings the family together. Movies here bring lots of people together. But that is because the don't watch them often and there isn't power that often. haha but usually their movies are ninja movies and so everybody especially the little ones think they know karate. ha it is good. The hallmark has always been good.


I'm glad you got to go see Elder Wuthrich. I'm sure you enjoyed talking to him. yes i'm sure mom wrote a bunch about it. well see when i get to read it. I mentioned about the mother's day call. I can't believe it is here already. make sure you all have lots of questions because i don't know what to talk about. haha. Well, i got to go. I love you tons. Thank you for all of your love and care. I hope all goes well for you this week. Continue to look for ways to serve and the Lord will provide them and you will always have that chance that you want to have to see the happiness on somebody else's face.


Love you tons.
Love Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment