Hey Mom and all
It was sooo good to hear your voices and get to talk. It was actually kind of weird. haha but still needed and glad for it. Sorry for my poor lack of English Skills and trouble understanding. That is just small of what people talk like. If you heard them now you wouldn't understand except they said it like five times. haha. I love it.
Well, There are a couple of things that i want to say that i thought about after the call. Firstly to DJ and Katie, Once again, congrats. But in reality, July? That is a long time away... DJ what happened. You figured she was crazy enough for her to say yes at this time but it is going to take you till then to make sure she truly is crazy to say the final ''I Do'' Ha-ha just kidding.
During the call you were asking about the monkey, The full answer is, yes, I did taste it. I can't explain what it really taste like cause i'm not sure. and the other thing I was trying to say was that i've eaten porcupine now as well. I think the call was going in and out at that point so i'm not for sure if you caught the whole thing. That one tastes odd as well.
I'm super excited for Matt, Tell him congrats. I very much enjoy the packages. They are Delicious! Thank you.
Well, for the week, all was fine. Nothing big really happened. O, but i do have a small crazy story. This all started i think Last week. We were going to see an investigator and as we showed up to his house there was a man outside doing some bible studies. We could tell that he was using some of the LDS study materials which is no problem. We both had a odd feeling and we just kept talking to him to find out more. Turns out that he is a pastor for a church here and that he uses many many of the churches materials and other teachings in his own service... I guess lots of pastors due that. But then we both noticed what was so odd about the situation. he was wearing a Temple Garment! We continued to talk and then in the end before we left we were able to talk to him about it and in the end retrieve the Garment from him. The next day we were going to the same house and from afar we saw him and we could tell that he was wearing another Garment! As we were walking toward him he saw us and tried to hid it but we already knew. It went inside to got hide and change. We came back a little bit later and sat him down and talked with him even more. This time he said he had more inside. As we talked he said he would give them to us but that they were most of his Clothes. We felt bad so we payed him some small money so he could go buy some new clothes in exchange. All was well. Then AGAIN! on the day after Christmas we were going by and we saw him AGAIN! We had a very serious discussion with him this time and took some more from him. I think in the end we took about six pairs of Temple Garments from him. And they expect their congregations to trust and respect them. They can't even tell the truth about something like that after three visits and having them taken from him. Some Pastors! seriously.
Well, I think that is all for the week, nothing else much happened. I'm still trying my best to do all that I can.
Last night and this morning i've been trying to set new goals for myself for this new year. I can't believe that 2012 has already come and gone. This morning as I went out to brook my clothes I asked myself, What have I accomplished this year? As i thought, I realized that i've spent three fourths of it out here in Africa! Sweet huh! I'm excited that tomorrow will be the start of my mission Year! no breaks, just straight service to the Lord and these wonderful people. As I still sit here trying to make my own new years resolutions and want to encourage and invite all of you to do some things.
1. Read the Book Of Mormon, I just finished it for my second time on mission this morning. It is such a wonder Book and full of so much truth and Spirit.
2. Find somebody to Share this wonderful message with. It is amazing at how much happiness it brings into your own life as you help another find the Light of Truth from our Savior Jesus Christ.
3._________ fill in your own and let me know. But it needs to be something that is centered around the gospel. I'll try to think of another good one and put it next week. But also feel free to do so yourself and let me know. I'll keep track with all of you.
Well, My time is done. I love you all so much. I loved getting to talk to you. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and have a Brilliant New Year.
Much Love, Talk to you next year
Love Elder Jones
E-mail To Dad:
Hey Dad Happy New Year!
Well, First off, it was wonderful to talk to you on Christmas. It made me so happy.
Tell Brother Pew THANK YOU Thank you Thank you!!!! Ha ha I just have to laugh super hard when you said that he sent the other guys ties and me a year supply of food. haha I still get a big smile on my face just thinking about it. Tell him that I am enjoying!
Ah, I miss the snow. but yet get this. As you went on the camp out and were all nice and toasty in your 67 degree cave, this morning I was FREEZING!!! in my 65 degree cave until about 10:30 when i finally warmed up. This time of the year they call it Harmatan. It is their ''winter season'' It gets really cold at night (see earlier posted temperature) but yet i still get very hot during the day! Boy I never ever thought that i would say that i'm genuinely cold at 65 degrees.TIA (this is Africa) I guess i'll just have to man up for the next few weeks or so. haha
This week was alright. Nothing too big happened. Just getting ready for the new year. Wow, I can't believe that 2012 has already come and gone. And now, I get to start my mission YEAR no breaks, just a full year of service to the Lord and these wonderful people. Sweet-O!
I'm glad to hear that Skyler enjoyed and accomplished such a wonderful snow cave. I remember on one camp out when it got to -18 and we didn't sleep much and the snow and wind broke our tent.. Fun times of scouting. :)
As to better Answer your question that you asked about how i'm getting along with my companion. Like I said, I'm trying. We were doing well for the last week or so and things were going okay, but as of late he has kind of turned around again. I am always just trying to put on my happy face and stay positive. It is quite difficult and I get very frustrated at times but I know that it won't last forever and that if i just try my best and do my part to keep the rules that we have then the Lord will bless me for my efforts and give me the success that is needed for the area and also for my own personal needs.
I love you so much. Thank you for everything
I hope this year brings one of JOY and HAPPINESS to you and all.
Love Elder Jones
E-mail To Brooke:
I've been waiting for sooo long. It's about time. haha just kidding. I am so excited for you and Logan. I hope you feel better and get of the sickness quick. It was funny, during the phone call when i found out that you were due at the same time the wedding is i went to say. '' You belly go be bump Te!!'' but then i remembered you probably wouldn't understand too well. It was actually a lot weirder realizing how much more English I've lost since getting here. But all is well. Again I'm so happy for you. If you want me to find some sweet African names then just let me know and I'll get some sweet ones for ya. :)
Well, Things are going good. The week wasn't too bad. I can't believe that it is a new year! I hope at this time that you are able to find and set new goals and resolutions for the new year and that they may be centered around Christ and that as you do so I know all will be able to go well and be accomplished.
I love you so much! Thanks for all the support and love.
Hey Logan, Which State am I thinking of?
Love Elder(# 1 Uncle) Jones
No comments:
Post a Comment