Well, the week was good. Things went well. To start off I'll tell you some exciting news.
On Saturday night my companion and I were walking home from Simbo Town we got a phone call from another missionary asking if we got transfer news. What, early? no. I told him not to tell us anything. Late that night we finally got the news. My companion is leaving back to Freetown and I will be receiving a NEW missionary. Sweet! I get to train again. I'm super excited. They never told me who or where he is from. So i guess i will just have to figure that out when he comes. The crazy thing about that though was that in the afternoon my companion and I were talking about it and asking each other what we thought we need the most to help us improve ourselves and keep us on our toes. As we thought for some time I said to him. Companion. I feel like I need to train again, to have a new companion to really help me get back to the basics. We've been building up and up with more and more but I'm at a wall and can't get around it. I need to train. He agreed and then... later we got the news. It was awesome. I'm super excited for many reasons. One, to help a new missionary get started, to see him over come the difficulties of the beginning and helping him over those, and to get me over or through or whatever with the wall that I'm up against in my own progression. Maybe by next Monday I'll know who he is and where he is from.
We had one lady named Abigail Combay. Awesome woman! She used to be muslim but turned Christian a little while ago and has just been looking for a church to call her own. From the moment we started to teach her she really liked it. It was funny as we taught her there were many things that she needed to change in her life but that during those lessons once we taught her those commandments you could tell that at that instant she was leaving the bad behind. The other was Sulaiman Stephen Sowa. Nice tall young man. We taught him in a group of three, one baptized last week (mohamed) and the other should be baptizing soon. I'm not going to lie. When we very first met Sulaiman I thought there was nooo way that he would ever baptize. But he sure showed me! He was very humble during all the lessons and i guess wasn't too active as a muslim so it wasn't hard for him to change. It was funny though because not only I but everybody else expected him to be the last one. We all expected the one who hasn't baptized yet,(momodu) to be the first. Sulaiman is very tall and he is very short and they are just an odd looking pair of buds. Sulaiman keeps rubbing it in Momodu's face (well there went the humility factor) It has been great to see his excitement and love for this new gospel that he has.
No comments:
Post a Comment