Friday, March 7, 2014

September 9, 2013

Hey Family!
  How is everything going? I hope all is well.
Mom, I got two of your letters recently, as always thank you so much. Sorry, I forgot them at the apartment so any of the questions in there will have to wait till next week to be answered. I don't think there was really many questions if any. One of them was talking about Uncle Kevin and the Kunz family. They are in my prayers. 
  Well, things are going good out here in Lewabu. There area is good and the companionship is great. I'm very excited for this area and all things that will be happening. They just split our area and so now we have to kind of re work to build up our teaching pool. As for now, it is small but it is still good. We Just started teaching this man named Dennis Amara. He has a family but we've put our focus on him this last week which has been good. He is very smart and was accepting the message. On saturday we went to teach him. As he sat down he started in by saying that he couldn't be with us anymore that he needs to go to his church and what he had read in the Book of Mormon wasn't for him... At first my companion and I didn't know what to do, but we just spent the time that we had with him to really explain the Book of Mormon, what it is, where it comes from, why we have it. As we were explaining to him you could just see his eyes open up and he was just blown away. At the end of the lesson he said that still wouldn't be coming to church on Sunday... We told him to pray about it and we would follow up with him later. Well, as we were walking about the area just about two hours later he gave us a call and said that he would be at church with us in the morning. As he came to church he enjoyed it all. He knew some people that helped him feel welcomed which he liked. We went and saw him after church and he said that he was now ready to join the church and baptize and all things. It was a sweet transformation that happened so rapidly going down hill fast back to climbing at a running pace. 
  We've had some good experiences this week. A fun story, the other day we were leaving our apartment to go show the other elders there part of the area since one is a new missionary and the other just arrived from his other area so they had no clue. As we were leaving the neighbors dog, Den go ti ya, came along with us. He followed us through out the ENTIRE area and boy o boy did we walk far. it was sooo funny but when we ended on the very far side of the area we got bike to take back to the apartment... As we got on bike it was the saddest thing watching him chase after us and almost get hit by other vehicles.. We got to our area junction and were buying things to eat that night when on our way to the apartment he just shows up out of nowhere! we were so happy. As we got to the apartment he went to his house and just laid down dead tired. The neighbors were asking questions and so we told him that he was a missionary for the day and that the work wasn't easy. It was funny to see not only the neighbor kids follow us but even the dog. haha
  Tomorrow early in the morning my companion and I will be taking the bus to Freetown for a leadership meeting. I'm so excited because I will be leaving Bo for the the first time in a year this month. I came here in Sept. and will finally get to see Freetown for a day one year later. It will be good and a nice adventure. 
   On tuesday all the new new missionaries came. They told us that they were to arrive in Bo around one or two in the afternoon.  About nine in the morning we got a call saying that they were at the bus stop waiting to be picked up. What! we all rushed out the door to go find them. It was good to see them all fresh and scared to see where they were haha. They all got to their places nice and safe and got right into the work. There are SOOO many new missionaries headed their way to Sierra Leone it is crazy. O yeah, I asked about elder Andersen. They all said that he was in Ghana... So... I'm not for sure i'll have to continue to look for him since he is from the area. There is one that is from Ogden and went to Freemont High School... We'll see who else will be coming here from the area with all the new missionaries. 
  Well, My time is winding down. Things are going good and I'm excited for what is still to come.
I love you all! I hope and pray that all continues to go well for you. I saw some pictures Brooke sent me from the blessing. Looking Good. 
Love you! 
Love Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment