Hey Everybody,
How was your week? I hope all things went well for you this week.
Things here have been good. Nothing too much has happened this week. We did have a baptism for a young woman. She now joined her mother, sister, and brother into the church. All that is left in the family is the father and the sister who is in Freetown. This sister's name is Suma Keneh. She is really good. We have enjoyed teaching her and her sister has been a big help in teaching her and giving support. It has been good to go there as well because they always put a plate of rice for us every time. It's good when we haven't eaten much in the day but anytime we are full and know that we still have to go there we dread it small. haha We've had some good meals and some not so tasteful meals but all in all. it is food and we are still healthy. :)
My companion and I had a neat experience this morning. Early this morning about by 5:00 or so our phone rang. We both left it for the morning. During our studies the same number called. we picked up and it was this man that we had just met a few days ago. We were walking around trying to find this referral that had been given to us and we just asked at his house if they lived there. He said no but was willing to bring chairs to sit down if we wanted to. At first we kind of hesitated but then decided we should sit down. We had just a small lesson with him that didn't get too far. From that point we really haven't done much with him. He called this morning to let us know he was out of town and would be back soon that way if we wanted to come see him we wouldn't go and him not be there. The call really showed the interest he had and the readiness that he has as well. it was sweet to see it and to see the Lord blessing us with people ready to receive us.
Well, as you know, today marks my one year six months mark. The time has gone just too fast. Elder Henrie, from Ogden who is new on mission a few weeks ago, was asking if the time really goes like a blink of an eye like he has heard. My response. YES. Too fast! I was just sharing some experiences with him about the timing and the different places. It was neat to see his face and eyes wide open and just excited for the work. He is a great elder who will be a powerful leader some day. I'm glad to see him in his beginning stages. It was really funny listening to him yesterday try to talk to somebody on the phone in Krio! I think the phone calls are a lot harder than in person and it was just fun to listen. Over this last year and six months I have learned sooo much and I am so grateful for it. I can tell that I've had much growth while I've been here and yet still have far to go. They say that the last six months is an elders time to just shine! ( I'm glad I'm not shining like one of the other elders with his receding hair line and "shinning" head) I am glad that I've been given a calling and position for others to see me so that it will make me have to be a better example in all things. I am grateful for it and I know that it will be the best thing for me. I've got a great companion who is just a little bit ahead of me on mission and so now we will be helping each other to try and reach our full potentials while here on mission. I finished the Book of Mormon again this morning. It is such a wonderful, powerful, and spiritually uplifting book. I invite and encourage you all to read or continue to read from it every day! I've seen it bless my life and the lives of many many people here. The gospel is true and I'm so happy that I'm blessed to be out here sharing it with so many wonderful people. Thanks for all of your support.
Well, my time is up. Sorry there aren't too many crazy stories from this week. But there are bound to be more.
No comments:
Post a Comment