Friday, March 7, 2014

September 30, 2013

Hey Family!
   Wow, another week has come and gone and now I am sitting here once again to say hello. I hope you have all had a wonderful week and that all is going well for you. You are all in my prayers and I appreciate your prayers for me. 
   This week was good. We had a Baptism and Confirmation for a wonderful guy named Lamin Williams. When I came to the Lewabu area they were already teaching Lamin. They had only taught  just a few things with him so I was chanced to be there through most of his process. During his process I had some few doubts but that as the time came for his baptism and confirmation he has really just blown all of my doubts away. He didn't seem too deep and interested but as he has now shown me he is ready and willing to do the work. Just before his baptism he showed us to a friend to teach and the guy was good. On Sunday, he went and picked up the friend and then was still early to church before we even got there to make sure that he was ready for his confirmation. After church we were talking to him and saying that this other man (Dennis) would be baptizing this weekend. He said so casually that he would like to come and attend the baptism as if he has been a hundred times. It was really good and I felt so happy to see his conversion that he has inside him. It was good to know that even though I had a hard time seeing it at first that the Lord and the Spirit truly prepared him for the gospel. It was sweet. 
  Another sweet!! experience came from Dennis Amara. Through the week we were teaching him and he is just progressing as ever could be. I had a scripture marker pencil that I gave to him on Thursday and on Friday he had marked a bunch of the verses, and not just randomly marking, these were, real, markings. He is quoting from the Book of Mormon and using examples from it in many things. He is really searching it and asking questions. He found where it talks about the Nephites having darkness for three days "upon the whole face of the earth" and he compared it to those in Jerusalem who had it for three hours. He was confused from the two and wanted to know the truth. As we were trying to explain why these happen he just flat out said, "well, I believe the Book of Mormon has the more correct account of it so I'll believe that one." He truly has a strong testimony of the keystone of our religion which is amazing. But we were able to help him understand that both were correct. It was a great experience. Continuing with Dennis... Yesterday, his wife Kadiatu came to church with him. We were soooo happy! She had a good experience and got a great warm welcome. After church we went to visit them. Kadie sells food out at the junction infront of their house and we had invited her not to sell on the sabbath(which is very hard for people to do here!!) Well... She kept the commitment and didn't sell. People kept coming to her telling her they wanted food and they would help her bring out the market but she told them NO. As we were talking about it you could tell that she was really struggling because much of her market was now bad and they had to suffer the losses. She almost came to tears a few times but fought it back as she stated that she was testing the Lord and showing her faith. (Like we told them in the Law of Tithing, "prove me herewith saith the Lord")  It was amazing. I am so happy with their family and the things that are coming from them. Wow!
  Well, my companion and I will be headed back to Freetown in the morning for another meeting with the zone leaders and president. Things are really happening here and I just can't believe it. I wish that I could be able to extend for another six months to a year just to see some of the things that will be changing in that short space of time. But, I'll let you know how that goes next Monday.
I love you all Boku! 
Love Elder Jones :)

No comments:

Post a Comment