How is everything going? I hope you all had a great week. I am glad to hear that you all enjoyed the weekend together in Logan for the baby blessing. I'm glad to hear of the wonderful things happening to the family. Dad said that Grandma got on a bullet bike to snap some photos? I want to see. haha As I hear about the baby blessing it reminds me of my time way back in Grafton when I was privileged to do the blessing for Adama's small girl Rebecca. The gospel is amazing and how it truly blesses families. To know that even from birth that I have been linked together with all of you is so wonderful and now there is a new life attached through the gospel to begin the family of Brooke and Logan. How wonderful things are.
Well, This week was good. My companion and I had a lot of fun together this week. It was pretty crazy. Through the whole training process things were up and down. but as the training finished and we had just one week left it was as if something snapped in my companion and he was just as happy as could be. He asked me one night after we had come home if he had been "enclosed" to himself the whole time and he just felt that he was a new person. It ended up being a funny experience and we really bonded together this week. I was super glad to have this week with him as we received transfer news this week. It was supposed to come on Sunday but President Ostler gave it to us on Friday which was nice. Turns out that I will not longer have the privilege of walking each wonderful day in the Njaie Town Area. I have been transferred to a new area called Lewabu. Yes, I am STILL in Bo. I guess they changed my mission to the Bo Sierra Leone Freetown Mission. haha. I am super excited though because my companion is an Awesome guy! His name is Elder Clawson, he is from Utah as well. We've been around each other here and there and we will have a bast together. With the transfer, I have been given a new assignment. I am now a zone leader. It was unexpected but will be a good change. It will definitely give me something to help myself really work and improve myself as I try and help out my zone to find things to progress and help the work to move along and go well in all the areas.
On Sunday at church the last song that they were singing was God Be With You Tell We Meet Again. Before they started i looked at one of the other elders and just chuckled inside because i know how terrible they are at singing, especially that song. I knew I wouldn't cry. They started singing and about three words into the song i just had this wave go through me and the tears just swelled up in my eyes. It wasn't because of the singing but because i actually thought of what it meant. I was leaving these people and will most likely never see them again.... It was hard to fight the tears from just strolling down like Big Kahuna knocking us all out of the boat. But like a champ going down the river I kept them in, (minus two or three) It was a good thing the prayer was next because that was my time to wipe my eyes and make all things okay before everybody came to say their goodbyes. It is sad leaving an area but it is good to see the things that have happened while i've been here. I am so happy to be here to meet these people and have them in my life and I in theirs.
Today as a district we went out to my area to one school that it there called CKC. There they have a big ol Gator! I've always heard about it but never been out there. So today we decided to go have a look. Wow! it was a lot bigger than we thought it would have been. And we were very close to it with just a small fence between us... I don't know how nothing crazy has happened to it or anyone else. It was awesome though.Great time.
Well, my time is up for now. Here ends my time in Njaie Town and now begins in Lewabu.
Until next week. I love you all!
Love Elder Jones
No comments:
Post a Comment