Friday, March 7, 2014

August 5, 2013

Hey Family,
  Well, I can definitely tell that all has slowed down around the place from the emails which is good. I know you all need a little rest and enjoyment. I'm glad to hear that all is going well.

  As for my companion and I out here in Njaie Town, things are going well. We are still trying hard to keep the finding of whole families going. The work is going a little slow on that part but it is okay. I know that it is just the beginning of it that is hard and that soon things will really come through in a few weeks or so things will start to really move a long. We just have to be willing to be patient and endure through the hard and slow to be able to enjoy the quick and happy.  We have one family that we just started teaching the Quee Family, I mention them small last week. This week there was some small progression. The father of the family had a dream the other night which in the end helped him to realize that he needed to accept this new and wonderful thing and life that was being placed in his arms. In the dream he accepted what was being handed to him by his uncle and he said i was part of it. I hope that means i get to do a lot more in helping the family to have their own conversions. The wife is a little reluctant this week but with time all will be okay. They are a good family. We are just trying to get a family to help us fellowship them. We have one that says they are willing it is just now the scheduling that we have to work with. We'll get it soon. 

  Today there is an Elder from our apartment that is finishing his mission and heading home to California. It has been weird. I've known a lot of Elders finishing their mission but this is the first one that has actually gone home from my same apartment and i've seen their last days. As we all have been talking about things last night we were all together and I was just asking him some questions of who was his best recent convert best memory and other things like that. To all of the questions he wasn't able to answer them truly because there are just too many. As i was going to bed i was asking myself those same things and couldn't answer it either because i've met too many wonderful people and had too many wonderful experiences out here. I love this work. In the branch that i'm serving in right now there is a sister out on mission who was in my MTC. She comes home in September. Who knows if i'll be here or not when she comes. It will be weird to see her if i'm here but i'll be very glad knowing that i have the blessing of spending another six months with these people and having these experiences.

Well, There hasn't been too much happen this week. Just us trying to find new people to teach and help invite to come unto our Savior Jesus Christ.

I Love you all! Hope you week goes well.
Love Elder Jones 


Letter to Dad:


Hey Dad,
 I'm glad that you now have some time to relax and recuperate from all the coming and going.
 Holy Cow! Skyler is going into the 7th grade!? Wow.
 I remember Camp Loll. That hike was way sweet. Just whatever you do. Don't tell them 4 more miles when your only about two miles in. It makes the rest of the journey seem very very long. haha.
I remember that week very well. that was the week that we crashed on the way to camp and they made me come home a few days early because mom was in the hospital and nobody told me. I'm glad that all is well now and no health problems. If you do go, be cautious of Cardiac Hill. Brother Craig ( is that his name....) Our scout master at the time almost did have a Cardiac Arrest on the spot.. Lots of memories from that week.
  I'm glad that the youth enjoyed the trek. I liked mine. I wish we had gotten to do the original trail but it was still good. I have grown to have a great love and appreciation for the pioneers since being out here. Great and wonderful people them!
Well, that is about it. For us, the work is still there and we are trying our best to find families slow slowly but surely.
I love you tons!!!
Love your son,
Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment