HOLY COW! Dad said that former Elder Fry is home.... What. I can't believe it. that is soooo crazy. I'm glad that you got to go hear him and talk with him. Were you able to record him? Time just fly's out here in the field. Brad is the first batch that went out. Joe white should be home now too and others on the way. wow. it truly just blows my mind. On Friday my companion and I were just walking to our area and I was thinking in my mind that I haven't been here for a year and five months. It just doesn't feel like it. wow.
This week was good. Still trying in the area to get as many people to teach as possible. My companion and I had some good success the other day in finding. We had gotten some bounces and we didn't have anybody else to go to. So, I told him that I was going to let him be in charge of the finding for today since he needs the practice because the training is now over(ended yesterday) He really didn't want to and just sat there for a while hoping i would take over. so he started to walk to the main road and once we got there he just stood there saying he had chose this path and now for me to chose next. I said no, he needed the practice and learn. We stood there for a while with many people walking past all around us. I was dying inside because there were some people that i wanted to talk to but I knew he needed to get the experience before the training is completely done. It was hard and I was getting very frustrated that he wasn't doing anything. Well, just as I was about to give in he finally took the step and started to walk. We went and met a man and set a date to come see him. I was re-leaved. From this point on we were both able to meet and talk to many people passing by on the street. It was very successful. It was hard but I know that the both of us learned a lesson, one on courage and the other on patience.
I also had a very neat experience yesterday. We had planned a day full of families to teach but somehow they weren't available. So, we were headed to our last possible place and while walking I saw this guy greet us and kind of give me that hand gesture of i want to see you. You know the whole two fingers from his eyes to me... I saw it right as we were going past the house and so now i couldn't see him. I stopped, thought about what he just did and then we went back. While we were talking to him he said he wanted to sit down and discuss the bible. he pulled out the bench and in my mind was great.. another pastor that just wants to try and find faults... but as we sat down the man had real genuine questions. His first question was about John 3:5 and being born again. at first i thought it was a joke just by the way he was going about it. We answered and explained. He asked another question about a passage he didn't understand in Galations 5:19 about the bad things that drive away the spirit. As we were teaching and talking to this man I had that whole mind blown moment of...... Holy Cow, I'm a 20 year old kid walking around a foreign country and full grown men with families are calling me over to teach them about the bible. It really again brought forth my purpose of being here which was way cool and also i can't believe that the church puts such trust in 18+ year old boys and girls to share these teachings. I don't know how to explain everything that I was thinking and feeling but all I know is that it felt amazing and the Spirit was very strong in once again testifying to me that this work is true and i'm so grateful to be here with the opportunity to do it and be the young 20 year old kid teaching full grown men with families and real jobs.
Today we had a super p day and we were allowed to watch Kung Fu Panda 2. It was good. As always we have to take a principle from everything. So we took where we come from and where we are ( plan of salvation) also about believing in ourselves and always giving our best. It was good. we had fun.
Well,that is about it for this week. I hope all goes well for you in this upcoming week.
I love you all! Thanks for the support.
Love Elder Jones
No comments:
Post a Comment